• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The review is in! IRON MAN II Is a STINKER!

332 posts in this topic

Augh, the post credits scene was revealed today! shouldnt have clicked to look! :frustrated:

Link for those that are not squeamish?

Nevermind. Found it.

:makepoint: shouldnt have looked.

Augh, the post credits scene was revealed today! shouldnt have clicked to look! :frustrated:

Link for those that are not squeamish?

Nevermind. Found it.

:makepoint: shouldnt have looked.

I'm ok with it.

Honestly I say the reviews. If your a Marvel fan and you don't go see this because of some knob writing a review well then your not that big of a comic fan-just my 2 cents. I'm pretty sure either Siskel or Ebert didn't like Raiders of The Lost Arc when it first came out. :screwy: Can't wait to see this.

Honestly I say the reviews. If your a Marvel fan and you don't go see this because of some knob writing a review well then your not that big of a comic fan-just my 2 cents. I'm pretty sure either Siskel or Ebert didn't like Raiders of The Lost Arc when it first came out. :screwy: Can't wait to see this.

Actually Gene Siskel gave Raiders his highest rating possible of 100

Chicago Tribune Gene Siskel

An adventure film that plays like an old-time 12-part serial that you see all at once, instead of Saturday-to-Saturday. It's a modern "Thief of Baghdad." It's the kind of movie that first got you excited about movies when you were a kid. (Translation for today's children: It's better than anything on TV.) [12 June 1981]

Ebert gave it his highest rating of 4 stars.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19810101/REVIEWS/101010360/1023

It's gotta be the Burger King curse. Almost every movie they promote will stink.

That's not true either.

All three of the orignal Star Wars films where promoted by Burger King with glasses that are still collected to this day.

It's gotta be the Burger King curse. Almost every movie they promote will stink.

That's not true either.

All three of the orignal Star Wars films where promoted by Burger King with glasses that are still collected to this day.

Yeah, it's why I said "almost". They promoted the Star Trek reboot and I still have my glasses too.

I don't give a about reviews, I'm actually old enough to go see a film and decide if I like it myself. meh

Im going to see it, i never read reviews anyway (shrug)

ditto.

I've got a really good gut when it comes to choosing flicks (just ask Louise).

Actually Gene Siskel gave Raiders his highest rating possible of 100

Chicago Tribune Gene Siskel

An adventure film that plays like an old-time 12-part serial that you see all at once, instead of Saturday-to-Saturday. It's a modern "Thief of Baghdad." It's the kind of movie that first got you excited about movies when you were a kid. (Translation for today's children: It's better than anything on TV.) [12 June 1981]

Ebert gave it his highest rating of 4 stars.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19810101/REVIEWS/101010360/1023

Must have been another critic(s), its been a few years but I did a WTF when I heard it.

That's not true either.

Yeah, it's why I said "almost". They promoted the Star Trek reboot and I still have my glasses too.

I can't think of too many movies that they've promoted that haven't done tremendously well. Toy Story among them. I don't see how there's any sort of "curse" is what I'm saying. Mind you we could debate yea or nay about whether the newer Star Wars movies or Transformers are good or not but no matter how either of us feels about the them there's no question they've made a ton of money.

I follow Rotten Tomatoes pretty closely and generally a movie starts out at the very beginning with higher scores than what it ends up with. Very few movies hold the percentage as more and more reviews come in. The ones that do are usually exceptionally good movies, for example Pixar movies are one example. Revenge of the Sith, for the first 20 reviews or so was scoring about mid 90%, after it was all said and don I think it settled in the low 80% range, still a good score nonetheless. The lower the percentage at the very beginning the farther it falls in the end. I've seen movies start out in the 70% range end up around 20%.

So a 77% review is only going to get worse, probably much worse. I bet it falls below 60 maybe even 50 before it's over.

Up to 83% on rotten tomatoes now. Moving on up.

It will be good but were going to hear all these people complain about how it isn`t has good as the Ironman 1,same thing is going on with the Pacific,people are complaining it isn`t as good as Band of Brothers. People just like to compare and disect every nuance of a superhero/ action film.

This post isn't as good as your last one.

I'll be seeing it, regardless of critics' views. But not on opening weekend; I'm no masochist. I'll wait a week or two, then stroll on in on a Thursday afternoon (with the wife?) so I can stretch out & relax; watch the flick in comfort without feeling like the proverbial "can of sardines." Remember the good ol' days when you didn't have to worry about cell phones or kids being dragged into an R rated flick cuz Mom n Dad couldn't afford a sitter?

Can't remember the last movie I HAD TO SEE the 1st week it came out...? It was either Lethal Weapon 2/Return of the Jedi/Star Trek 3.

Yes I'm that old.

Rick