• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A sad day in our house

56 posts in this topic

Tonya and I thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for your kind words and encouragement. Today has been a rough day, however our vet took great care of us throughout the cremation process, and the love we have received from our friends for our loss has helped us tremendously.

I am proud to be a member here with other folks who dig comics, and are caring enough to offer support to fellow boardies in need. I will never forget it and stand by to offer you any support I can provide when you have the need.

Thank you again everybody-God bless!

Chris

Yeah, that's a rough day mate.

Had my cat, Donna Lee, for 16 years, 4 states, 8 apartments, and way too many girl friends.

She used to steal all their jewelry! And I wonder why they never came back...

I say go to the local humane society and find a new kitty. Won't replace your loss but they are lots of fun!

I'm very sorry for your loss. He was a lucky cat to live so long even with a heart condition. And the best thing that happend to him was to live in a house with people like you.

I also had to bury some cats in my life, it's never easy to let go. My oldest cat was 23 years old when she died, that was a tough one. She was like a dog and always followed me around everywhere I went.

Sorry to hear about your loss, C. I'm glad he passed away at home. My Puccini hated the vet, so him just going to sleep in his favorite spot was a great comfort to me.

Here's the Rainbow Bridge, for anyone who hasn't read it...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I might get trampled on Rainbow Bridge :wishluck:

:wishluck::applause:

Thank you again everyone for your kind words and encouragement-it has meant alot to my wife and I! I do feel relief in Hansy's passing, and am smiling now when I think of the great times we had together!

The CGC boards is a great place because of you guys and gals-thanks again!

My Buddy Cat would not want me to be sad, so I think it's time to bring back the dancing banana! lol

:banana:Chris

My condolences....we love our animals, too. We have a regular zoo here. Our pet rat, Charlie, passed away last week and it's been hard on Judy. He was housebroken and lived loose in the house....except when my large Monitor lizards were out for an hour or so, here and there. Charlie slept with Judy and answered to his name. We never were able to break him from stashing food under the sofa...but it was never there long. Rats only live 3 or 4 years so it's tough. I never dreamed they were so intelligent. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u