• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeatStuffCollectibles.....

19 posts in this topic

If you read the last post I put up about neatstuffcollectibles, you know that I am not very happy with them right now. However, Brian, the owner, has been in contact with me and has offered me a full refund for the books that arrived damaged, or to pay the amount to have them reslabbed. It turns out that something happend that was outside of their control. I have ordered from them prior to this transaction and I even bought three books from them during this waiting period and recieved them in less than a week in perfect condition. So it seems that this is an isolated incident and doesnt happen often. Just letting you guys know....

I dunno... I've heard an awful lot of stories about NeatStuff's woeful customer service and seen enough examples of their shaky grading to be very leery of purchasing from them. Your more positive experiences are great to hear about, but it only takes one nightmare scenario to really ruin your week or month. NeatStuff's 'batting average' seems to be around .800, which would be great for baseball but not so good for comic book transactions. Kinda like when eBay says "fraud is limited to .01% of all auctions" - well, even if that's true, if you're the one in ten thousand who gets rooked, the system isn't working for you, right?

>However, Brian, the owner, has been in contact with me

So they responded to email? Or did you phone them?

Twice I've sent email (via eBay's "ask seller a question" feature)

asking for more information about a comic and got no response.

Not good. I've crossed them off the list of folks to do business with.

I'd also be curious about how these professional comic sellers

explain this auction for

a mislabeled (or wrong picture) Strange Worlds.

Auction 2225233559 is also mislabeled. And they've put these

same 2 auctions up at least 4 times now. Very odd.

gozer

-----

Bart: I am through with working. Working is for chumps.

Homer: Son, I'm proud of you. I was TWICE your age before I

figured that out.

They used to be such a good company. I just left them negative feedback. They took my chech and cashed it and never sent my web of spidey 27 9.8 book to me. I called and the owner claims he is out of the country till tomorrow and gives a bogus 800 # to call that has been busy 24hrs a day for the last 3 days. I give up with these guys. They suck!!!

I emailed neatstuff after leaving them neg f/b yesterday and whoala! i got an instant response. He feels the neg was not deserved and that i know they are legit and on top of it all, i was emailed after the book shipped. I responded I never received an email but that i got this one just fine and i was dissapointed in their services but that, if he would produce the comic or a refund, I would contact ebay in an attempt to remove the f/b and get on here and claim the problem had been resolved. But I know its not just me. I just know ive done biz with them before with no problems and its too bad things have come to this. They sure have racked up a lot of neutrals and negs lately

they rarely respond to mails and their shipping is ridicouslly/offensive late...

Offensively so.

Usually six weeks to two months, and then only after constant prodding.

One guy there, Alex Needleman, has been great in the past.

But their system sucks.

I also find it offensive, as I do try to look through every new DC listing on e-bay, that every week, and I mean EVERY week they literally throw five thousand modern DCs onto e-bay, sell virtually none of them, and then throw the whole lot back on again the next week. And they never list a run of twenty comics, they always list each one, PAINFULLY ONE AT A TIME. They CAN'T pay by the item - they must have some deal with e-bay to list whatever they want for a fixed yearly price. Wading through to find other people's DCs, where I might find some interesting oddball item, becomes like wading through treacle once they're loading their stuff onto e-bay. If you're viewing at the time they're loading, each time you go forward a page, it takes you back a hundred comics, so you're looking at the ones you looked at fifteen minutes ago. It used to be just Sunday nights but now it's about four times a week. They're top of my gripe list at the moment purely because of the monstrous amount of time I waste due to their "throw the mud at the wall - maybe some will stick" selling practices.

Is there any way to look through new listings on e-bay and just exclude all the Neat-Stuff dross ???

I wish there was.

And I thought Michael Carbonaro was the owner, not this guy Brian.

I HATE THEM.

Mike is the owner maybe this brian head the Internet side? I agree how do they make any cash listing the same books over and over an over with no bids?? At one point they relisted the same batch of Golden Age books for about 6 months straight selling very little each time and never changing the prices? When I see their name in the header I just keep going. Is there a way to block sellers from coming up in your searches or browses? I know you can add bidders to a blocked list but................?

I emailed neatstuff after leaving them neg f/b yesterday and whoala! i got an instant response. He feels the neg was not deserved and that i know they are legit and on top of it all, i was emailed after the book shipped. I responded I never received an email but that i got this one just fine and i was dissapointed in their services but that, if he would produce the comic or a refund, I would contact ebay in an attempt to remove the f/b and get on here and claim the problem had been resolved. But I know its not just me. I just know ive done biz with them before with no problems and its too bad things have come to this. They sure have racked up a lot of neutrals and negs lately

I dunno, Hensley - even if they cough up your cash or the book, don't you think they still deserve the neg? Will YOU ever purchase from them again? And if the answer is "no" or "almost certainly not," why on earth would you not want to warn other prospective buyers away?

Good question. Ive done biz with them several times in the past and this is the only time this has happened. While I am disappointed, Ill probably step back and watch their scene for a few months. See how it goes. If it looks all good and I feel i will not be put through this hassle again, ill do business with them again. If so, I wont.

When I see their name in the header I just keep going. Is there a way to block sellers from coming up in your searches or browses? I know you can add bidders to a blocked list but................?

Thankyou

I thought I was on my own here.

EVERY week it's thousands of Arion the Immortal, every damn issue, or Impulse, every last one of the seventy odd issues, and they NEVER sell any, and relist them all week after week after week after week ad nauseum.

If you don't believe me, just click on e-bay, type in DC in the comics category, and then keep going, You'll SOON get bored.

The couple of nights a week when they don't schlock thier dreadful dross onto e-bay, the DC section is such a pleasure to look through.

Tonight, I tried twice but just gave up in horror. I can't face it again. It's too tedious.

If enough of us complained to e-bay, maybe they'd provide us with a way. I'm scared of what I might miss from a different and genuine seller who has an obscure item I might want, but I won't see it because I can't face looking through 200 pages of crud, so by having to avoid all their dross, I miss other stuff. I wouldn't mind if they listed them just once, but it's the same copies week after week after week.

It's ruining e-bay for me.

I keep saying to Richard at Quicksilver that they're the worst and he agrees with me, especially as the pitifully few items we've bought off them have taken two months to eventually arrive.

I feel like it's an injustice that needs speaking out against.

Mike is the owner maybe this brian head the Internet side? I agree how do they make any cash listing the same books over and over an over with no bids?? At one point they relisted the same batch of Golden Age books for about 6 months straight selling very little each time and never changing the prices? When I see their name in the header I just keep going. Is there a way to block sellers from coming up in your searches or browses? I know you can add bidders to a blocked list but................?

That is SUCH an excellent idea! I wonder how hard it would be? Not only prevent them from coming up in searches, but from appearing in the main listings. It would be a My Ebay setting or something.

Find a phrase that's unique to their auctions. Like "Bulk of shipping charge is for handling" or their phone number. Then when you do your search, just include a minus sign followed by that phrase in quotes. I've been "blocking" their listings for months this way, and it's worked beautifully.

There is no large eBay seller I dislike more than those guys. No combining on shipping because bulk of charge is for handling.....whatever, you @#^#ing @#$^@#heads.

Find a phrase that's unique to their auctions. Like "Bulk of shipping charge is for handling" or their phone number. Then when you do your search, just include a minus sign followed by that phrase in quotes. I've been "blocking" their listings for months this way, and it's worked beautifully.

There is no large eBay seller I dislike more than those guys. No combining on shipping because bulk of charge is for handling.....whatever, you @#^#ing @#$^@#heads.

I'm so excited to find I'm not the only person who hates the way they try to sell their wretched comics.

i have thought of the idea about excluding certain sellers and or keywords on an ebay search before. Too bad there is no way to do it. Do not misconstrue my words from either which ever of the two neatstuff threads there are. They used to be a top notch ebay seller. I am not sure what is going on with them but i am disappointed i had to leave them neg f/b just to get a reply. Hopefully, they will learn from their mistakes and start to up and ante a bit with improved service. Meantime, they are loosing customers fast

Just got my book in today. It was shipped media rate and put only in a thin cardboard brown envelope that looks homemade. Luckily for me the book arrived undamaged. Too bad I cant find a post stamp on the envelope becuase I would like to know when the book was actually sent but regardless,, the book did arrive if not almost 1.5 months late. So, did neatstuff complete the deal I bargained for? Yes/

Am i disappointed? Overall, yes

Will I do business with them again? Probably not but I never say never when It comes to CGC books