• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The end of a 15 year art quest.....

43 posts in this topic

Thank you, everyone, for all the kind words.

I am a little shocked by how much attention the page has gotten here and on Comic Art Fans. I am also taken aback by all the private emails and comments by everyone. I really do appreciate everything that everyone has said.

To me, it was important to post the story behind getting the page because, as I get older, the stories of having manners, respect, and kindness rewarded in kind seem pretty rare.

However, I have met so many wonderful people in this hobby it makes me thankful everyday for the good friends and great relationships I have made over the last 20 some years of art collecting.

Specifically, I wanted to make mention of the long list of people that made me getting that page possible because none of them wanted anything for the assistance, they helped me out for the sake of helping me out. Especially Jeff Singh, in this hobby knowledge can be power and it is wielded by some as a weapon or as a leverage point, but not Jeff. He behaves as someone with honor and dignity and honesty behaves. I only wish some of the more....ummm.... sebaceous members of our hobby would act take a page from Jeff.

Jeff could have demanded something for himself but all he wanted was to make sure his friend (the owner of the piece who sold it to me) was able to get a fair price, and that the page went to someone that appreciated it. He wouldn't take anything for all that help. I will corner him at every convention I find him at and force feed him (if I have to :sumo: ) steak dinners for the next 10 years to show my appreciation.

To me, it was important to post the story behind getting the page because, as I get older, the stories of having manners, respect, and kindness rewarded in kind seem pretty rare.
Congratulations on the page! I'm definitely a fan of stories like this as it's a good reminder of the many friends I have through the hobby and how we have helped each other over the years.

I'm really pleased to have been part of this deal because I got to hold this page in my hands (well, mylar, 'cause I wanted to prevent all the drool from coming into contact with the art), and it was just an incredible experience to take in all the fine linework up close and in person, and let me tell you, no scan can ever do this page justice.

On a personal note, Chris and Jeff are among the finest fellas you'd ever want to know in the OA hobby, and I'm pleased to know them both.

I just wish we could clone a couple hundred more of them...the world would be a much better place (thumbs u

On a personal note, Chris and Jeff are among the finest fellas you'd ever want to know in the OA hobby, and I'm pleased to know them both.

I just wish we could clone a couple hundred more of them...the world would be a much better place (thumbs u

+1 (thumbs u

I'm really pleased to have been part of this deal because I got to hold this page in my hands (well, mylar, 'cause I wanted to prevent all the drool from coming into contact with the art), and it was just an incredible experience to take in all the fine linework up close and in person, and let me tell you, no scan can ever do this page justice.

Don't be so humble Yoram....I would consider you in that same company... :hi:

Very nice! I remember reading that story years ago and that page still sticks out.

Ditto this. I remember reading KJ at an impressionable age and this page really got under my skin in a weird way. It was quite haunting and disturbing through the sheer sociopathic evil displayed by the Joker, and that final panel was permanently burned into memory.

On a random yet somewhat related note, the movie Session 9 by director Brad Anderson had a similar impact on me in more recent years. Anyone who's a fan of slow-burn horror should check it out.