• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D.C. Comic Con 2010 pics and a small report!

14 posts in this topic

I'll make this short and sweet. This was a small con, and a little hard to find since George Mason University doesn't have the easiest campus to navigate, but this con was great for a first year! The dealers were good, and there was a wonderful selection of GA and SA books. Looking forward to next year.

4573268760_4fca63e715_o.jpg This is the whole convention.

4573268610_c8ca4c0998_o.jpg

4573268886_3c5da389bf_o.jpg

photostream

4572634665_bb876b8750_o.jpg

4572634571_14b8997c6e_o.jpg

This is what Pat and I picked up:

Pat:

4573269242_3eda60135d_o.jpg

4572635687_52fd9ef209_o.jpg

Me:

4572297253_25d110c552_b.jpg

It was a good little con.. hope it went well enough to have another one. It was nice and close for us.

And I played a little Wheres Wes and found us in the second pic.

Thanks for sharing, great costumes. how was the buzz for Jo Chen? I heard her art is really starting to take off especially for the Street Fighter stuff, getting real popular.

She had a really steady stream of people coming over to her.

Jeeze. I was in DC on this day... with nothing to do before flying out at 5pm, and didn't even know about this show. see what happens when i am off the boards for a few days due to work?

EPIC FAIL! :tonofbricks:

It seemed like it was a good little con. Very busy, IMO. I'd like to hear from a few dealers to see how the sales were.

Lots of people there though, and of various ages.

Ran into a few boardies (Esquire, Decepticon, FD, ferdelance). Looked for BL, but didn't see her.

Didn't really buy much (a few cheap books and a two trades); but I wasn't really looking to buy. Artist lines seemed to move well, and not too crowded. I doubt anyone really had to wait too long for sketches/sigs.

Seemed like there was decent selection of books. Nothing spectacular and not alot of graded books. But, still some nice stuff. It was nice to have some of the Richmond contingent come up, giving us Tyson regulars a chance to see some different stuff. Nice to see Anthony Snyder there representing the OA segment. He had some really good stuff.

All in all, it was a fairly decent show. Definitely looks like it may have legs.

I'll make this short and sweet. This was a small con, and a little hard to find since George Mason University doesn't have the easiest campus to navigate, but this con was great for a first year! The dealers were good, and there was a wonderful selection of GA and SA books. Looking forward to next year.

4573268760_4fca63e715_o.jpg This is the whole convention.

There are more people in this single picture than there were people who attended the Portland show yesterday. :blush: