• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Dealer badges just tripled in price!

53 posts in this topic

Maybe it's living at the beach, Brian, but the scales in your avatar always remind me of a bikini top. :cloud9:

Jeff

Do you work during the day?

Or like me, a phoney baloney fool around all day?

B

I'm actually responsible for ordering $8,000,000 worth of textbooks for a community college every year, but I do have time throughout the day to keep up on the boards. My affection for your avatar may have more to do with the fact that it's almost lunch time, and my hunger is causing me to hallucinate.

Maybe it's living at the beach, Brian, but the scales in your avatar always remind me of a bikini top. :cloud9:

Jeff

Do you work during the day?

Or like me, a phoney baloney fool around all day?

B

I'm actually responsible for ordering $8,000,000 worth of textbooks for a community college every year, but I do have time throughout the day to keep up on the boards. My affection for your avatar may have more to do with the fact that it's almost lunch time, and my hunger is causing me to hallucinate.

Nope, definitely B cups minimum.

By increasing the price of ADDITIONAL exhibitor badges, beyond your allotment, it is our hope that they will not be purchased. It may be a net loss for us in terms of income, but we hope to reduce the vast numbers of individuals on the exhibit floor prior to opening who seem to shop, browse, or shoplift from other exhibitors booths.

Again, we apologize for not alerting you to this in advance and sincerely hope that by implementing this new price point, it will decrease the number non exhibitors on the floor, and next year allow for more purchasing public to attend.

Ah, I just knew their reason for doing this wasn't financial but purely altruistic.

I've been around a fair few times during set-up and I wouldn't say that there have ever been "vast numbers" of people who are on the floor just to shop etc.

my gut is that this won't stop the number purchased at all, but triple their income...

I know I have had 30+ folks offer to pay the 200 to get one, but the 4 I can purchase have been committed since last year (when I thought they were $75)

I remember comic conventions being fun.. Oh yea, thats why I attend only a select few anymore.
if you can actually get in the door, we do tend to have some fun :headbang:

I remember comic conventions being fun.. Oh yea, thats why I attend only a select few anymore.
and a burger and coke zero at lunch (thumbs u

and a burger and coke zero at lunch (thumbs u
(thumbs u

I will see you at NYCC. We will ahve some fun, I'll drive :devil:

you know I am counting on it (thumbs u

you know I am counting on it (thumbs u
This time you will meet the wife. We have to get a nice dinner together again, I had a good time last year too bad I couldnt stay later..