• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saw this over in "Copper" - Miracleman #15

141 posts in this topic

I don't know anything about the situation of the consignor, but sometimes when a large chunk goes at once it's an estate, divorce or bankruptcy sale. In other words, the proceeds are to benefit folks other than the (ex) owner so maximum dollar per piece isn't as much the goal as just speedily cashing out. Again, not necessarily the case here but it often is when you see many lots that theoretically compete against each other for the same pool of dollars

I know the consignor and it's not divorce or bankruptcy, thankfully. I've held the DPS in my hands and it's an amazing piece to behold in person.

Yep, he's a Chicago collector. That DPS is pretty amazing I agree, but that would be one tough piece to display on your wall at home.

It would be a conversation starter, though lol

My girl friend was complaining a lot about my Michael Myers painting because there is a knife in it. A few times I asked her how that one bugged her but she never said anything about my Wolverine decapitation cover. Well finally 2 weeks ago she finally must have taken a closer look at it and as she said the image was horrible. :tonofbricks:

The Greg Land variant cover? That cover's awesome! It's a great homage to CSS 22 (thumbs u

I don't know anything about the situation of the consignor, but sometimes when a large chunk goes at once it's an estate, divorce or bankruptcy sale. In other words, the proceeds are to benefit folks other than the (ex) owner so maximum dollar per piece isn't as much the goal as just speedily cashing out. Again, not necessarily the case here but it often is when you see many lots that theoretically compete against each other for the same pool of dollars

I know the consignor and it's not divorce or bankruptcy, thankfully. I've held the DPS in my hands and it's an amazing piece to behold in person.

Yep, he's a Chicago collector. That DPS is pretty amazing I agree, but that would be one tough piece to display on your wall at home.

It would be a conversation starter, though lol

My girl friend was complaining a lot about my Michael Myers painting because there is a knife in it. A few times I asked her how that one bugged her but she never said anything about my Wolverine decapitation cover. Well finally 2 weeks ago she finally must have taken a closer look at it and as she said the image was horrible. :tonofbricks:

The Greg Land variant cover? That cover's awesome! It's a great homage to CSS 22 (thumbs u

Yup that's the one it's currently hanging over my bed. Michael Myers resides in the living room with Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker and Destro by the big screen.

I worked on getting this consignment since the Chicago Comic Con last summer. Took forever, but wanted the consigner to be happy. Ended up getting all the MM stuff the last day of the consignment deadline!

Consigner is a great guy and knows more about art than most of us.

Looking at all the art was a real pleasure :cloud9: , even if I had not gotten the consignment, that was a blast anyway! Loved the MM series, one of my top ten modern reads!

Congratulations and well done, Steve! Now the only question is whether you were able to convince the consignor to put on a reasonable enough reserve that it'll actually sell. :baiting:

Everything, except the mm 15 cover is no reserve.

That's good news.

Of course, the value of the #15 cover dwarfs the value of everything else! It's probably worth more than all of the other pages put together! lol

The seller stands to make a nice profit on this one. Good for him - he's a really nice guy. I think it could hit $30K.

The seller stands to make a nice profit on this one. Good for him - he's a really nice guy. I think it could hit $30K.

It's already at $22,705 with 13 days to go!

And yeah, he is a nice guy!

What do you guys think? How much? Anybody gonna make a run?

I'm putting my money on "Reserve Not Met". :whistle:

$45,000 reserve, $53,775 with the juice, plus shipping and sales tax for buyers in NY and CA (where many of the likely buyers reside).

Any takers? (shrug):eek:

???

Why the puzzlement?

Steve's post should have read:

Everything, except the mm 15 cover, is no reserve.

That missing comma makes it seem like everything has a reserve except the cover when he meant the opposite. It threw me the first time I read it too.

???

Why the puzzlement?

That missing comma makes it seem like everything has a reserve except the cover when he meant the opposite. It threw me the first time I read it too.

Thanks for fixing that Gene! (thumbs u

???

Why the puzzlement?

After 7 years on these boards, blowing past bad grammar to figure out the intended meaning of a post has become second nature. :insane:

what do the interior Miracleman pages usually go for?

We will know a lot more tomorrow :). Such a large number of pages from this run have never been on the market at one time, let alone one day. It will be interesting.

We will know a lot more tomorrow :). Such a large number of pages from this run have never been on the market at one time, let alone one day. It will be interesting.

might be a good time to turn off your signature then! punishment bids!! :devil:

might be a good time to turn off your signature then! punishment bids!! :devil:

I wouldn't worry about it, I don't think I have the money to get in this ball game :).

I wouldn't worry about it, I don't think I have the money to get in this ball game :).

That's right Keith, go after that Ringo Flash splash of mine that you bid on instead, so that I can use those proceeds and maybe pay for 1/10th a panel page!

Malvin