• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why did this comic only get a 0.5?

22 posts in this topic

Seems strange. I say it is the nicest 0.5 I have ever seen in my life. In my opinion the book looks more like a 1.8, and possibly a 2.0. So what is wrong here? Maybe it is something with the inside cover because I don't see what this grader sees.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-2-CGC-0-5-/230446465286?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a7ae0106

Seems strange...

I agree... even with the covers split/detached, should have been a 1.0 at least? I could see a .5 if the entire book was brittle and split at the spine, but there's no indication of that on the label. Go figure.

Couple of pieces of tape and its a 2.0.

1.5 with a detached cover..

i played the game with a FF #1 that looked like a 4.0..

had a completely split cover/detached...

i re-taped the two halves back together,and subbed it....

is it possible to get a 2.0 if you then attached the cover to the book with tape?

That's a 1.0 if ever I saw one--no reason for a .5 whatsoever. Ask any low grade collector and they'll tell you there is a lot of difference between a .5 and 1.0...

Well, best looking .5 if I ever saw one.

is it possible to get a 2.0 if you then attached the cover to the book with tape?

Why would you seriously put tape on a FF#1?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it would have gotten a .5 if the cover was just detached. The "completely split" part is what got it the .5... (shrug)

I know this is a GA gem and probably gets the star treatment, but I can't be THAT much of a difference.

RADB19D5201048_16471.jpg

Book was in 3 pieces.Wasn't my book,but i subbed it for someone.

They wanted it slabbed at the highest possible Universal grade.=

1 piece of tape was used to connect the two cover halves back together on the inside of the cover.

Got a 1.5 blue label

Pretty much sums it up....

Book was in 3 pieces.Wasn't my book,but i subbed it for someone.

They wanted it slabbed at the highest possible Universal grade.=

1 piece of tape was used to connect the two cover halves back together on the inside of the cover.

Got a 1.5 blue label

Pretty much sums it up....

To answer your question, yes, if you'd added a few more pieces of tape attaching the cover to the book, it would have graded higher. I think it's 100% wrong that CGC does this, but they do.

Seems strange...

I agree... even with the covers split/detached, should have been a 1.0 at least? I could see a .5 if the entire book was brittle and split at the spine, but there's no indication of that on the label. Go figure.

Gotta agree I had the same problem and it came back a 1.0

WEBHEAD