• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's good for $3K?

122 posts in this topic

well there's two ways to look at that. a) a very nice copy of a really classic cover or b) a not-quite-hg copy of a not-quite-key.

If 3k is the most by far that he's spent, I think he'd get more satisfaction out of a lower grade true key. the 9.0 89's and the like are for people who drop that kind of money all the time. (IMO) I stopped collecting comics before I started spending that kind of money on single items, and I know I would have gone for the best FF1 I could buy (which wouldn't be much but I'd love it anyway).

Yeah, what he said.

You can get a really nice GA book for $3K....early Action in mid grade that presents likes a VF, or a nice early Superman book or a really nice Timely. Something that most people would consider a centerpiece in their collection.

(thumbs u

It's certainly enough for an AF15 in a presentable low grade...

I would spend the money on a EC gaines file copy because I want one..and buy a pre-Batman detective comics. But that's me lol

If you go by the ones on Ebay unfortunately no, :( it would cost $4,000 to $5,000 to get a presentable issue right now, with that being said I would try to get the highest CGC graded Bone #1 or TMNT #1 I could for long term investment and if I had a little extra after that I get a CGC high grade Walking Dead #1. ;)

There's a 9.4 Strange Tales 115 on Clink at slightly more than 3K.....if a Del Toro movie is made it might spike.....cool cover and origin of Dr. Strange. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. You can still get a decent BB 28 for that kind of money.

just plain cool.

cgc0310026-1.jpg

:takeit:

This is exactly the kind of book I would get. (thumbs u

YES. And I need a 1 for my run.

Most comics collectors need an AS #1 for their run. They just don't know it.

What a cover!

just plain cool.

cgc0310026-1.jpg

:takeit:

This is exactly the kind of book I would get. (thumbs u

YES. And I need a 1 for my run.

Most comics collectors need an AS #1 for their run. They just don't know it.

What a cover!

To me this beats AF-15 hands down.

Someone earlier said to get the book that has been on your want list for a long time.

I just recently had to opportunity to get an impossible book to find (only one on the census) it was 3k. I could of gotten several nice books for that amount but I'm much happier with what I got.

If you had ~$3K to spend, what key would you get?

My number one choice would be a real nice Richie Rich # 1

I'd also strongly consider upgrades to my copies of OAAW 83 and GIC 87

Here are some ideas:

Human Torch #8 - 1 of only 2 Golden Age HT/Subby Battle Covers?

Crime Suspense Stories #22- One of the best covers ever.

All American #61 - If you can find one. 1st Solomon Grundy.

Fantastic Comics #3 - Not sure if you can touch one for this as I am not sure what the guide multiple is when they show up.

Amazing-Man #22- Nazi gorillas, need I say more.

Bruce