• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did Nick Fury say at the end of Iron Man?

19 posts in this topic

I just rewatched Iron Man. When Fury confronts Stark at the end of the credits, he says he is there to talk about the "Avengers Initiative." Now, I watched this movie from a bit torrent download so there might be a recording fault in my copy of the film, but Fury's voice does not match his lips when he says, "Initiative." Was it planned that he would say something else or do I have a suddenly out-of-sync copy of the movie?

I just rewatched Iron Man. When Fury confronts Stark at the end of the credits, he says he is there to talk about the "Avengers Initiative." Now, I watched this movie from a bit torrent download so there might be a recording fault in my copy of the film, but Fury's voice does not match his lips when he says, "Initiative." Was it planned that he would say something else or do I have a suddenly out-of-sync copy of the movie?

From IMDB:

Nick Fury: [quoting Tony Stark from his press conference] "I am Iron Man." You think you're the only superhero in the world? Mr. Stark, you've become part of a bigger universe. You just don't know it yet.

Tony Stark: Who the hell are you?

Nick Fury: Nick Fury, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Tony Stark: [nonchalantly] Ah.

Nick Fury: I'm here to talk to you about the Avenger Initiative.

No, he says Initiative.

He says, "Initiative," but in my copy of the video his lips move after the word is said as if there is another syllable. (shrug)

No big deal I guess.