• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread: Put a pic to that forum name!

544 posts in this topic

CIMG0152.jpg

Okay John.....our next board collection is going to be to buy you a tie!

Ya gotta' wear a tie when you meet a Rear Admiral! 27_laughing.gif

Great shot though! Very impressive! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Brad

Thanks Brad,

If you think it was bad having no tie here, then you should have seen me at the Japan-American Society Christmas party. The Admiral as well as Yokosuka's Mayor, the commanding Japanese Admiral, and other dignitaries were there. Oh, and me, the only guy not in a suit and tie. 27_laughing.gif Nothing like being the pink elephant in the room. Then I received a gift no less and had to walk up to the center stage and recieve it from the Mayor himself. blush.gif

Hey, they said it was Christmas informal. I didn't know what the heck that meant. tonofbricks.gif

Scheradon,

Yokosuka is pretty nice. I spent some time over in Japan for work. boo.gif

I really liked Iwakuni...... cloud9.gif

Are you and your wife getting out and exploring while you are there? Or just working so hard that all you're doing is getting high profile awards? confused-smiley-013.gif

It was Christmas Man.....Get a suit and tie.... makepoint.gif

And by the way, congratulations on the honors. thumbsup2.gif

We have done a lot of tours here. In fact we built up enough points through out MWR ITT tours that we got to go on an overnight Kyoto trip for free. grin.gif

Some of the memorable tours include the Nagoya Fertility Festival, Nikko Samurai Festival, Kyoto including the Golden Pavilion, Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo Disney Sea, Tokyo Dome for a MLB all-star vs Japan all-star game, World Expo, and Numerous Temples, Shrines, Castles and Museums. Oh, and the Snow Monkey park was cool too. We've definately tried to do as much as possible here.

Here I am at the Great Buddha in Kamakura.

GreatBuddha12-20-04013.jpg

Believe it or not, it's only the second largest Buddha in Japan. The other is located in the Great Buddha Hall (Daibutsu-den) of Todai-ji temple. This building is the largest wooden structure in the world and I recommend a visit to anyone visiting the Kyoto area of Japan.

KyotoApril9-112005196.jpg

Very cool,

Sounds like you're having a great time. Here's a photo when I was there. It's on my desktop at work.

I'm on the right, and it's a few years old when I had a mustache and still wore glasses (not on at the time).

This was in Kamakura, Japan

1192545-kam1.JPG1192545-kam6.JPG

1192545-kam6.JPG.8c1c843cedb7b6c5713ec25d3053c2ea.JPG

Scheradon, which base in Japan? My wife's Irish band performed at several bases during St. Patty's week in 2002-2005. I tagged along last year.

The Naval Base in Yokosuka.

How was your visit?

How long have you been in Yokosuka? My wife's band performed at the naval base there in March of last year, a few days after St. Patty's Day. Here's a pic of the band on stage. You weren't there, were you?

innis.jpg

We had a day in Tokyo. Here's a shot of Julie & I in front of the Imperial Palace...

palace.jpg

My favorite part of Tokyo was Ginza. They say it's the most expensive real estate in the world...

ginza.jpg

I loved walking around Ginza. Everyone was dressed up, most men in jacket and tie, most women in dresses. It occurred to me that walking in Ginza in 2005 must be very much like what it would have felt like walking the streets of New York in the 1950s. And, LOTS of gorgeous women in Ginza...

mags.jpg

Great pics thumbsup2.gif

I had to do a double take at your friend next to you as he has an uncanny resemblance to one of my older brothers. I wish I had a pick handy, it would freak you out. 893whatthe.gif

You mean in the band shot? I'm actually not in that pic. I'm just a roadie, but people have confused me with Terry before.

Here I am at the Great Buddha in Kamakura.

GreatBuddha12-20-04013.jpg

Dude, That outfit screams "I am an American, and dam proud of it!"

poke2.gif

BTW, Great pix everyone

Ze-

foreheadslap.gif You were responding to Comicdey.

That's ok....

Your wife's shirt makes me dizzy.....looks like you two had a great time.

Hope the comment on the shirt isn't taken personal....

tonofbricks.gif

I joined my wife over here in September of 2004. Unfortunately I didn't get to see your Wife's performance here. Not sure what I was doing, but I always seem to miss the entertainment on the base. Maybe it's because we have off-base housing and I never seem to hear about these things.

Great pic in front of the Imperial Palace!

As much as I hate to hi-jack this thread... here's a couple pics I have from the Imperial Palace:

This is one of my Wife and I outside on January 2, 2005

ImperialPalaceMeijiShrine1-2-05013.jpg

They open it up to the public twice a year. Once on the 2nd of January and again on the Emperor's birthday. Here's one inside with the Imperial Family inside their balcony. It was crazy, but a very cool experience.

ImperialPalaceMeijiShrine1-2-05011.jpg

Ok, I have to post one pic from the Nagoya Fertility Festival. What can make Japanese women even hotter? When they are celebrating fertility yay.gif

NagoyaFertilityFestival3-15-05017.jpg

NagoyaFertilityFestival3-15-05017.jpg

I've heard that the best part of the ceremony is when they attach those by cords to tree branches and push them back and forth.

It's known as the Hour of the BSD.

. Whats your handicap?

My brain.

Thanks for the comment on the form.

A friend shot this series. I saw a flaw in my swing this day on the driving range. I was too flat on my backswing and I ended up looping. The camera gave immediate feedback. I was trying to correct it here. It was still a little too flat.

Golf123web.jpg

Golf124web.jpg

Golf125web.jpg

Golf126web.jpg

Golf127web.jpg