• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Frazetta SS appreciation thread!

81 posts in this topic

Beautiful Books!

It's really sad to hear the news that Frank passed away. Frazetta is one of my favorites.

I've been looking for a nice SS book signed by Mr. Frazetta, and have a feeling I may never own one now. :(

If you want a signed copy,you better get one now or no one will sell their copies b/c of the rarity of the sigs

Yeah, I should have grabbed the 211 somewhereintexas listed for sale here a month ago. :frustrated:

Looks like it's being sold on the Bay now for 2x what it sold here on the boards for.

Oh well. I should've pulled the trigger when I had the chance. That book is definitely a keeper.

Yeah, I should have grabbed the 211 somewhereintexas listed for sale here a month ago. :frustrated:

Looks like it's being sold on the Bay now for 2x what it sold here on the boards for.

Oh well. I should've pulled the trigger when I had the chance. That book is definitely a keeper.

Life is SOOO unpredictable sometimes :cry:

My one book courtesy of Chainnball's first signing with The Master. (worship)

Frazettaeerie87.jpg

I wish i had pics... but I own Death Dealer (Verotik) #1 9.8 SS by Frazetta... which happened to be my first SS book ever!... gotten by Sean at NYComics and i have Death Dealer (Verotik) #2 SS by Frazetta... got from a board member around the same time!... Fantastic artist... you will be missed!

As chainnball can attest, when he first told me about the possibility of a Frazetta signing, we both screamed on the phone like schoolgirls.

Ok, maybe not screamed...but yeah, I got to be a vicarious part of it from the very beginning, having been friends with Brian for many years now. I even got to talk to him in the car on the way from the very first signing. :cloud9:

Since I don't have a lot of high grade Silver, I had next to nothing worthy of being signed by FF except a ratty old Creepy #5.

Then...I realized I DID have something that could be signed:

IMG_1508.jpg

The Royal Blue! So, it's not a 9.8...but that's ok. It was the first one, and I'm sure the inspiration for the ones that followed. :)

I wanted to get all the foil versions signed (gold and platinum), but I couldn't bring myself to do it for $10-$20 books.

I also was able to buy the Vampi #1 off ebay just weeks before the signing. Bought it as a VF-, so I was pleased that it came back an 8.5.

Vampirella1Sig.jpg

Awesome.

Very cool books, RMA.

It's great to see that Frazetta's work seems to transcend the different collecting eras in the hobby. I've seen Frazetta enthusiasts here on the boards that collect mainly Silver Age and others that collect mainly moderns and just about everything in between. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not overly familiar with Mr. Frazetta's work, but I do understand the impact his work had on not only comics, but in the greater world of art itself. He will be missed.