• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

I had a small getaway with my wife and little girl this past weekend that was spent at my friend's house up north with his family. It was truly refreshing and quite inspirational.

I played "Pirate's" with my friend's two little boys and my little girl. It was amazing and energizing being able to play fantasy and pretend that the world did not matter at all. All I had to worry was about being attacked by all these little pirates that were trying to force me to walk the plank. :eek:

Guess what it reminded me of? CPG, of coarse. :) I later found out that the oldest little boy, age 10, is dabbling with comic books. I told him that I collected comic books and that there was one book that I thought would be a great addition to his collection...one that he would love since he has the pirate talk down to the bone. With my friend's permission, I was able to hand him a copy of CPG #1. Tattered, of coarse, from being read so many times in the car on long rides and crayoned by my little one. Nonetheless, you all should have seen his eyes. They were like giant bug eyes while flipping through it. It was as if I had handed him gold.

This was a great investment. Passing on this wonderful story and art to be appreciated by the next generation. This kid will remember the pirate game we played, the characters we all imagined and the fire that was kindled a little further by this one little gift. Hopefully, I'll get a call from his dad wanting to add #2 and #3 to his collection.

All in all, regardless of my circumstances, it was truly a beautiful weekend indeed. :cloud9:

Great story. It's a great when you can inspire the "next" generation to start collecting. (thumbs u

I had a small getaway with my wife and little girl this past weekend that was spent at my friend's house up north with his family. It was truly refreshing and quite inspirational.

I played "Pirate's" with my friend's two little boys and my little girl. It was amazing and energizing being able to play fantasy and pretend that the world did not matter at all. All I had to worry was about being attacked by all these little pirates that were trying to force me to walk the plank. :eek:

Guess what it reminded me of? CPG, of coarse. :) I later found out that the oldest little boy, age 10, is dabbling with comic books. I told him that I collected comic books and that there was one book that I thought would be a great addition to his collection...one that he would love since he has the pirate talk down to the bone. With my friend's permission, I was able to hand him a copy of CPG #1. Tattered, of coarse, from being read so many times in the car on long rides and crayoned by my little one. Nonetheless, you all should have seen his eyes. They were like giant bug eyes while flipping through it. It was as if I had handed him gold.

This was a great investment. Passing on this wonderful story and art to be appreciated by the next generation. This kid will remember the pirate game we played, the characters we all imagined and the fire that was kindled a little further by this one little gift. Hopefully, I'll get a call from his dad wanting to add #2 and #3 to his collection.

All in all, regardless of my circumstances, it was truly a beautiful weekend indeed. :cloud9:

:applause::foryou:

Great story thanks for sharing!!

I didn't ask him.

He had the SDDC 2010 #1s, 5 FIRST PRINT #2 (20.00), bunch of 2nd print #2s, 3 number 3s on hold, San Diego Bags, Con Sketch Commissions for 75.00 (12 to be had).

He also presented someone a commission of a Little Nemo in Slumberland piece. One of the most fantastic pieces I have ever seen.

Hasta,

Pablo

Everything was gone within an hour or 2. He only had 13 of the sdcc books. There are 2 versions, red logo and gold logo. He said he only gave out 1 at sdcc due to being too busy, and only a total of 14 were sold to date. He is not sure what will be done with the rest, but will not be doing any more shows this year.

So there you have it. Another rare cpg book!

So there you have it. Another rare cpg book!

lol

Cool beans. Stiill no pics of your Voices books, Brian? Interested in seeing the cover #s. :)

Yeah, Pablo, I saw the same stuff at SDCC. I would love it if I can see more of the story played out instead of more covers. Sounds a little more Olympian in origin rather than Jeremy, imho. A couple of guys have told me already about having met him at Baltimore. Again I must say, great guy. ;)

Edited by FIREFLY

Jeremy was one of the few people i wanted to meet at the Baltimore show. he was such a cool guy!

I mentioned how Julio has gone above and beyond as an advocate for CPG.

I wasn't planning on getting any commissions from anyone at the show cause i was only there for a few hours but old habits die hard.

thanks to jeBailey for making pickup arrangements for all my sketches today with photos to boot!!

THE WALKING DEAD PIRATE GIRL

Photobucket

Edited by SlinginWeb

Jeremy was one of the few people i wanted to meet at the show. he was such a cool guy!

I mentioned how Julio has gone above and beyond for anyone as an advocate for CPG.

I wasn't planning on getting any commissions from anyone at the show cause i was only there for a few hours but old habits die hard.

thanks to jeBailey for making pickup arrangements for all my sketches today with photos to boot!!

Photobucket

:o

NOW THAT, MY DEAR FRIEND, IS THE FREAKIN' BEST JEREMY ART I HAVE EVER SEEN! BLENDING THE TWO OF MY FAVS...GENIUS REQUEST AND RESULTS. (worship)

Congrats, homie...and thank you for the kind words. (thumbs u

Jeremy was one of the few people i wanted to meet at the Baltimore show. he was such a cool guy!

I mentioned how Julio has gone above and beyond as an advocate for CPG.

Photobucket

WOW!!! Very cool. Glad I decided to click on this thread today. Very cool sketch!! (thumbs u

I was at Baltimore yesterday too and made sure to stop by CPG booth as well as the DeafMuteComics based on the conversations here on the boards. I haven't read CPG yet, so I was one of the people to buy the SDCC version previously mentioned. I just wanted to read it. Didn't know it was limited. lol