• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,507 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2023 at 5:30 PM, grendelbo said:

Screenshot_20230310_003903_eBay.thumb.jpg.ff18c71005e7199573e43c2eed03561b.jpg

That whole run looks nice together! Like side by side they seem to fit that knit of era. Not even complaint, just complete nostalgia form. :)

Nice pick up 😉

I don't buy SIlver Age too often due to prices but I did just get these recently. The Strange Tales 135 arrived yesterday and the UK Avengers 100 was delivered about 3 weeks ago. Grade-wise, they are on opposite ends of the spectrum. The AV 100 is the highest graded and only copy with that grade. The ST label says it has "color touch" though I can't find it anywhere, despite looking very carefully under high-powered magnification.

I've wanted both for a long time. The Avengers took much longer to find because it is a UK edition. I started buying those recently because I found a UK Avengers 93 that had a good price because it had a UK price. After I got it, I thought I'd try to put together a set from 1-150 or so in UK editions. So far, I've got only 93-100 and a few issues in the 130-150 range.

The ST 135 has one of my favorite Kirby covers of all time. It's amazing how active it is considering there is no fighting, explosions, sound effects, bikini girls, etc. The cover is all about the hands: the Hydra assassin, Fury pulling his gun, the X-ray of Fury pulling his gun, and the hand about to push "the button".

AV100.jpg

ST135.jpg