• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,494 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2023 at 1:32 PM, ciorac said:

An incredible piece of history, at least to me, recently came into my possession. A customer at my old shop in New Orleans had visited the DC offices back in the 70s or 80s and was able to get his copy of Showcase 4 signed and inscribed to him by Carmine Infantino, Joe Kubert and Julius Schwartz. First two signed on the cover and Julie signed on the first page. He was also able to snap a couple pictures of Joe and Julie signing his comic. Super excited to add this historical trio to my collection

joe kubert.jpg

julie schwartz.jpg

showcase 4 splash page.jpg

showcase 4 cover.JPG

Wow!  Nice to see you on the boards again!

On 9/6/2023 at 12:32 PM, ciorac said:

An incredible piece of history, at least to me, recently came into my possession. A customer at my old shop in New Orleans had visited the DC offices back in the 70s or 80s and was able to get his copy of Showcase 4 signed and inscribed to him by Carmine Infantino, Joe Kubert and Julius Schwartz. First two signed on the cover and Julie signed on the first page. He was also able to snap a couple pictures of Joe and Julie signing his comic. Super excited to add this historical trio to my collection

joe kubert.jpg

julie schwartz.jpg

showcase 4 splash page.jpg

showcase 4 cover.JPG

On 9/6/2023 at 12:42 PM, piper said:

Wow!  Nice to see you on the boards again!

Great post and I second that. Your Spock avatar has been missed on the boards.

On 9/10/2023 at 9:10 PM, N e r V said:

One of the Iron-Man #15 variants with the yellow. Going to need the green variant in 9.2 with white pages to bookend the two. Release date on cover only adds to the fun…

IMG_5118.thumb.jpeg.de72e49563fcc142def7321f8abef0de.jpeg

So it's the yellow stripe in the upper right of the cover that's also around in green?  Or "Iron Man?"