• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,510 posts in this topic

TheManyLovesofDobieGillis1.jpg

It took me a looong, loooong, time to find a decent copy of this book. I've been looking for many years. It was one of my favoirte TV sit-coms when I was a kid. Loved Maynard G. Krebs--a pre Giiliagan Bob Denver. He left us way too early! I also had a big crush on Tuesday Weld who protrayed Thalia Messenger. I recommend the movie "Pretty Poison" with Tuesday Weld and Anthony Perkins, one of the better overlooked films of its time.

Edited by Stevenrams

Rawhide Kid #44 • February 1965 • November 1964 newsstand

The Grand Comicbook Database says the cover may be Ayers (with a question mark) over Kirby. I am seeing far more brush control than usual for Ayers. I'm thinking maybe Sol Brodsky.

RK44FFeb65.jpg

Rawhide Kid was bi-monthly at this time and it gave Larry Lieber the opportunity to concentrate on his pencils and inks. A rather nice page from Stan's brother.

RK44LeiberArt.jpg

The prairie wind was arustlin' when I took this photo but the letter suggesting western/superhero crossovers is interesting --- and it does show the world's shortest form of the Marvel Checklist.

RK44Letter.jpg

I just got this off EBay. Its the last issue I needed for my Hulk set! :acclaim::acclaim::acclaim:

This copy looks like it presents really nice! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

hulk5.jpg[/img]

I was gonna grab that myself.. almost did last night :frustrated:

Yeah bro...just signed on my email...and got my EBay emails of books I need that were just listed. Took me about 5 minutes to make up my mind on this one! Glad you didnt grab it....then I would have had to buy it from you. lol

I just got this off EBay. Its the last issue I needed for my Hulk set! :acclaim::acclaim::acclaim:

hulk5.jpg[/img]

Yeah bro...just signed on my email...and got my EBay emails of books I need that were just listed. Took me about 5 minutes to make up my mind on this one! Glad you didnt grab it....then I would have had to buy it from you. lol

He who hesitates... congrats!!!!

well, thanks to you getting that Hulk 5 . I was able to fork over the cash for this...

TTA5985COW.jpg

well, thanks to you getting that Hulk 5 . I was able to fork over the cash for this...

TTA5985COW.jpg

Nice book Bro! See that I helped you out! :headbang:lol

jg10.jpg

Great book, Dan. I was a big fan of the program back in the day, but what I really enjoyed was the Jackie Gleason show on Saturday nights. "From the Sun an Fun Capital of the World, Miami Beach, it's the Jackie Gleason show". I fondly remember Joe the Bartender skit with "Crazy Guggenheim" (Frank Fontaine). Beautiful copy--beautiful book.

SLR

From WonderCon yesterday - first time I had ever actually seen a copy of this!

Dr_Who_and_the_Daleks.jpg

They are not easy to find. I think the Dr Who Classics series reprinted the story in its original pastel tones with off white page background.