• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,473 posts in this topic

This cost me less than just your "white pages bump" did! :o

That is an INSANE book! Seriously, i'm completely blown away how freaking nice that is! And white freaking pages?!? Speechless!

Ok, not speechless but still completely blown away!!! :ohnoez:

:o Great Zombie Jesus!!!

Damn Korvac, that JIM 83 snuck up on me and I think I blacked out for a sec! Beautiful book, it's a freak of nature man.

sufunk, I guess your Avengers 1 is ok too... :baiting:

:jokealert:

Seriously, it's an awesome book man. I also really dig the avengers pedigree run you are putting together. I've been following your updates on the thread you started in the SA forum... good stuff (thumbs u

I guess I'll be the poor sap that has to follow up the 2 monster books above. At least mine is another first appearance/origin key to keep the theme rolling!

This just arrived today as part of trade deal I worked out with another board member.

Daredevil%25201%2520-%2520CGC%25206.5%2520Universal.JPG

A 33 year veteran Golden Age collector here who caught 'Marvel fever' so started slowly picking up some picks here and there this year.

Can't come close to competing with some of the remarkable books posted above, but my desired grade is universal 8.0, all books are off-white-to-white or white, but will go mid-grade on some items if they present especially nice or up to 9.2 if the price is right.

Oh, I de-slab most of my books, too.

If this is the wrong place to post, please direct me otherwise (thnx).

Let's start off with a White Mountain copy...

TTA43.jpg

My last couple of pick ups have been yellow covers. I'm not sure why this trend is so prevalent in my purchases as of late, but I love these

books!

This one arrived on Friday. :cloud9:

Fantastic%2520Four%252059%2520-%2520CGC%25209.8%2520Universal.JPG

Holy sheeeit! :o

BAM!

unbelievable book. fantastic get.

Thanks guys. :grin:

A 33 year veteran Golden Age collector here who caught 'Marvel fever' so started slowly picking up some picks here and there this year.

Welcome to the darkside Silver Age side. A friendly warning... there is no cure for Marvel fever. It is rumored that picking up a few SA DC books help mitigate the side effects though... at least that is what I tell myself when I pick up a SA Batman book. :insane:

Can't come close to competing with some of the remarkable books posted above, but my desired grade is universal 8.0, all books are off-white-to-white or white, but will go mid-grade on some items if they present especially nice. Oh, I de-slab most of my books, too.

If this is the wrong place to post, please direct me otherwise (thnx).

Let's start off with a White Mountain copy...

TTA43.jpg

You're in the right place so keep posting your new acquisitions. Nice books BTW.

Last sampling, a nice duo - I tend to go all-out, so many more books to post and any feedback or advice appreciated. Thnx, STEVE

Spidey39.jpg

Spidey40.jpg

Advice?

You must be joking.

Feedback?

None needed.

You appear to know exactly what you're doing as you are spot on! :golfclap::hi:

Last sampling, a nice duo - I tend to go all-out, so many more books to post and any feedback or advice appreciated. Thnx, STEVE

Advice?

You must be joking.

Feedback?

None needed.

You appear to know exactly what you're doing as you are spot on! :golfclap::hi:

+1

The only advice I would dare give you Steve is to let me know when you decide you want to part with some of these beauties, because I WILL be interested. :grin: Extremely sharp and well presenting copies.

A friendly warning... there is no cure for Marvel fever. It is rumored that picking up a few SA DC books help mitigate the side effects though...

From one Marvel Maniac to the next.

Do you think this might do the trick?

The label on the medication states... "Slobodian Copy. One dose will do ya!" :shy:

MIS-54.jpg

IH-3.jpg

Thank you for the very warm welcome guys. MC, it's been a while. And Clouded9, just about every SA book I have is going to qualify as a recent acquisition, so I'll be glad to post scans as I add them to my Photobucket account!

I believe I have some things to learn about SA, and this is going to be the best place to be schooled.

Your Hulk 3 is exacty the type of item that I am talking about when I mention books that present better than their technical grade. Is it a super high grade copy? No, it's not. But it has great colors, shows very well to the eye, and if the page edges are any indication, the insides are nice. I love it.