• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,476 posts in this topic

This book I did not pick up this week but 6 to 8 weeks ago and I only started posting here 2 weeks ago but I'm still very happy to have picked this book up after waiting a long time for a more affordable pedigree of this issue in this grade to come to market. I've been trying to put together a pedigree run of TTA 59 - 101 since 2005.

Anyway I'm still happy to have snag this key.

Funny thing is, though I like the Hulk and Surfer I'm more of a Sub-mariner fan.

142660.jpg.7baeda747d35493cdfb6067b103f7d3d.jpg

That's a sharp ToA #93! I just got a FN ungraded copy and love it! Love the ToS #52. I'm kind of kicking myself for not hunting down and finishing off both of those runs years ago, but oh well...

I just grabbed this from ComicConnect last night. Still hunting down a few random Doc Strange apps:

jou1.3275a.jpg

FYI: I just looked it up and this issue came out the same month as Strange Tales #124.

Edited by pmpknface

That's a nice yellow cover there. So you have Fantastic four 27 ? that may have came out a few months earlier with Dr Strange

Is it me or is Doctor Strange getting more and more popular.

Well more popular then before

Thanks! I think it's a pretty killer cover. You get Thor, Loki, Jane and the good Doc! It's possible he is more popular, but he's always been a fan of mine!

No, sadly I have not yet tracked down an FF #27 which - you are correct - did come out a few months before. That issue was his actual 1st x-over. I was tracking a copy of that one last night too but it was in nicer shape that this comic and went for more than I wanted to spend. I'm still on the hunt though! :cool:

These aren't new to my collection they're all my oo collection except for the Iron Man but I just got my first submission back today and I just want to post them all over. All unpressed (not that there's anything wrong with that) The Iron Man I picked up at a flea market in the early 70's for $10.00 kinda bummed about that one but I will take it.

CaptainAmerica_zpsc46ebea3.jpg

TheAvengers_zpsb688938a.jpg

X-Men_zps5f90d209.jpg

IronMan_zps2991f819.jpg

Edited by Azkaban

I watched some of the HA auction today, and missed on a nice ASM 50. There were quite a few bargains from what I saw.

This is my latest great find from last week. :acclaim:

ed8h.jpg

You could get a nasty papercut with that spine !

Amazing copy !

Yes it is. I really like the early Marvel annuals. Especially ones in grades like that one :applause: