• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,458 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2017 at 9:43 PM, FoomMember said:

Couple of classic SA Annuals :cloud9:

Spoiler

s5usg2.jpg

Two books I've been meaning to upgrade forever, mine have been read to death.

I've been waiting a whileee to find a nice copy of this awesome Trimpe and Adkins Hulk cover :cloud9: , finally found one thanks to fellow boardie @crassus. Thanks buddy!

FLf3HrK.jpg

Edited by Chadwick

On 2/15/2017 at 3:20 PM, Ron C. said:

Most of my collection is Bronze aged, so I usually don't get to hang out with you guys. :)   This just came back today from CGC.  I've had it since the early 70's and I just wanted to share it.  I think it is one of my favorite covers.

FF 36 CGC.jpg

Good thing Medusa wore a mask, otherwise people might recognize her when she's walking down the street...with 20 foot long hair!

1 hour ago, Grib said:

One of the first books I inherited from my older brother.Low grade but complete.

IMG_2746.jpg

Nice brother :) 

No insult intended but is the spine split? I'm thinking of slabbing a book with a fully split spine. It's a book I've been hunting for years, and in the highest grade I can afford right now. But I want to take care of it, it looks beautiful in the Mylar, but I want it slabbed. Has anyone had a split spine slabbed? Would the book or cover separate once in the slab?

I bought it the day my son was born, it'll be his in 16 years, 5 months.  2034 :ohnoez:

1 hour ago, Chadwick said:

No insult intended but is the spine split? I'm thinking of slabbing a book with a fully split spine. It's a book I've been hunting for years, and in the highest grade I can afford right now. But I want to take care of it, it looks beautiful in the Mylar, but I want it slabbed. Has anyone had a split spine slabbed? Would the book or cover separate once in the slab?

I bought it the day my son was born, it'll be his in 16 years, 5 months.  2034 :ohnoez:

What was the book?!

2 hours ago, Chadwick said:

Fully split, as in pages as well as cover? Due to brittleness? Likely 0.5 in that case. Less severe, dunno but you may have a shot. What is the book?

2 hours ago, Chadwick said:

Grader notes are 

multiple crease cover breaks color
multiple piece out cover
multiple tear cover
staple detached bottom of back cover
staple detached top of cover

Hope this answers your question. thanks, it came with a friend, Avengers #2

notes are heavy wear left center of front cover breaks color
multiple crease right bottom of front cover
multiple piece out front cover
multiple tear full left of back cover

Great books, low grade but great books. As you can see I read them, often.

IMG_2743.jpg

On 2/24/2017 at 6:23 PM, Grib said:

A Cat book I bought as a kid because of Wally Wood's inks over Marie Severin's pencils. Still love the lines and curves. Pun intended.

IMG_2737.jpg

Cool book, very nice copy. And while I'm also a fan of this little run myself, this one belongs over in Bronze. :sumo:

3 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Fully split, as in pages as well as cover? Due to brittleness? Likely 0.5 in that case. Less severe, dunno but you may have a shot. What is the book?

Just the spine of the cover is split, the book itself is tight and ow.

2 hours ago, Dave2739 said:

Cool book, very nice copy. And while I'm also a fan of this little run myself, this one belongs over in Bronze. :sumo:

I wasn't sure about that, 20 cent issues are Silver correct? Bronze starts with GL & GA 76 /1970 but is there a hard starts line?  or is subject matter? Well encase I'm wrong here is another book which I'm sure is Silver.

IMG_2754.jpg