• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,454 posts in this topic

Hello, and not to derail the thread but I had some questions about Silver Surfer 4:

I assume it is "silver age", is it? (so I'll know where to post) I have FF 48, 49 50, I know they're silver age, basically the silver age I own deals with the Surfer :)

Question: Does this issue (ss#4) really have a low print run? Rare in high grade? at what grade does it become a rarity? fyi I was looking to buy a Silver Surfer #4 CGC 8.0, and was wondering at price I should be looking at? I've seen "ebay" and was wondering if just under $400 was a decent price to get one, I love the cover and have seen others post it to the boards.... I'm an 80's baby, but don't really know the "ropes" to the silver age, a little of the bronze though. Anyway, is there anything else that I should know or be asking; feel free to pm me if it is too long an explanation or point me to a thread? I haven't gotten the hang of the "search tool" but believe me I tried it; surely there is a surfer thread somewhere, forgive my ignorance :)

Thanks I'll keep looking, :)

would CGC 8.0 be considered high grade for this particular cover?

The only thing that I have of info that comes close is that "Newstands", to some were considered rare in high grade and I've always thought that high grade in those would start at 7.0, but idk.... that either really

Anyway Thanks :)

Silver Surfer 4 low print run/low distribution is just more Overstreet garbage that needs to be erased from everybody's memories.

Census shows 637 (36%) Universal CGC copies above 8.0, so I would say 8.0 is not relatively high grade for this issue.

There are more SS1s in the census than SS4s, but the highest grade with more copies of SS1 is 9.0

Ok......So I bought a DC. Might never happen again. But I bought one. :cloud9::acclaim::headbang:

63DE803B-5AB6-4538-94FC-F251924ABEFF_zpservv2xua.png

Pretty darn good one to have if you're only going to have one! Congrats and enjoy!

.... and so it begins..... the long slow spiral into D.C. ..... the D(ark)C(ide) :devil: ....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ok......So I bought a DC. Might never happen again. But I bought one. :cloud9::acclaim::headbang:

Pretty darn good one to have if you're only going to have one! Congrats and enjoy!

.... and so it begins..... the long slow spiral into D.C. ..... the D(ark)C(ide) :devil: ....GOD BLESS...

lol(tsk)

lol(tsk)

I've heard Batman Adventures #12 is a gateway book...

lol(tsk)

I've heard Batman Adventures #12 is a gateway book...

lol Ok!!!! Maybe I bought two DCs. But that's it. 2. :sumo: