• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,456 posts in this topic

The exact end of the Silver Age and start of the Bronze Age is up for debate, but I think it's safe to say to that a 20¢ picture frame cover is Bronze, but that 1968 Cap Marvel #1 is most definitely (late) Silver (thumbsu

For me, Bronze Age starts in 1970. Here is a book That is new in my collection this week, I would consider it to be in the Silver age...very close to the end of the era. 

image.jpeg

11 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Worth a call; you may have a shot at better than 0.5 I'd think. Especially if not brittle too.

I'm less worried about the grade as I am about the book shifting from the cover. Anyone have a similar slabbed book?

4 hours ago, nepatkm said:

For me, Bronze Age starts in 1970. Here is a book That is new in my collection this week, I would consider it to be in the Silver age...very close to the end of the era. 

image.jpeg

I love the Steranko story in this one. Sweet copy.
I know it doesn't work for all titles, but to keep things simple in my Marvel collection, I consider 12¢ & 15¢ books Silver and then Bronze officially starts with the 20¢ titles. But really, Bronze starts creeping in during the 15¢ transition period. Obviously, this is totally just my opinion.

On 2/26/2017 at 1:38 AM, tricolorbrian said:

OK, so joke all you want, but I think this cover is great... lol

32737984300_2fcca9e12c_c.jpg[

No jokes. Love seeing the more esoteric books like this one and the Archie Mad House 

11 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

This came out the same month as Showcase 4 so I think it qualifies as silver age.  LCS pick-up.image_zpsclwdo3ef.jpgimage_zpssfplg8oa.jpg

One of my dealer pals has a customer who's trying to put together every issue with the "5000 Prizes" masthead.... kind of a neat idea, I would imagine some will be challenging... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

BraveAndBold#5.jpg

Hard to find for sure, especially this one.  I love the pre-hero B&Bs!  Great art throughout (Kubert, Heath, etc.).  Congrats.

Edited by JohnT

65236fba1e2160b49594c8bfbf935813e5217d0c

Pick up from a boardie recently.

That pesky LOST issue and tied with JIM #33  (or second depending how you want to look at it) with having Ditko's first work at Marvel. 

Either way I'll be glad when it arrives to its new home. :grin:

4 hours ago, N e r V said:

65236fba1e2160b49594c8bfbf935813e5217d0c

Pick up from a boardie recently.

That pesky LOST issue and tied with JIM #33  (or second depending how you want to look at it) with having Ditko's first work at Marvel. 

Either way I'll be glad when it arrives to its new home. :grin:

I remember that thread.....it's worth every penny. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu