• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,458 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Finally got a 5.0 again after selling mine last year. 2020 was a bad year to sell. Very very bad year.

1964-3 Avengers 4.jpg

I really like that book, and I have 2 of them, but a couple things bug me about the cover...Why is the street and city at an angle, and how does Thor spin that hammer around without spinning with it?  Everything else on the cover is totally believable...:insane:

16 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I really like that book, and I have 2 of them, but a couple things bug me about the cover...Why is the street and city at an angle, and how does Thor spin that hammer around without spinning with it?  Everything else on the cover is totally believable...:insane:

Yeah the Thor axis of rotation there makes no sense. I find that Avengers 4 has cover color issues. Its a book best bought in person. I've seen some with real bright colors and a lot of others with kind of a flat , faded, or washed out color looking appearance. Just weak color basically. Lots of variation in the cover covers is what I'm saying and it can be hard to find a real nice one especially when going only by scans.

Edited by Professor Chaos

3 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Yeah the Thor axis of rotation there makes no sense. I find that Avengers 4 has cover color issues. Its a book best bought in person. I've seen some with real bright colors and a lot of others with kind of a flat , faded, or washed out color looking appearance. Just weak color basically. Lots of variation in the cover covers is what I'm saying and it can be hard to find a real nice one especially when going only by scans.

I guess my humor is a little too subtle...my comment was meant as a joke...:facepalm:

31 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I guess my humor is a little too subtle...my comment was meant as a joke...:facepalm:

All good humor contains at least a kernel of truth.

But I'm pretty sure Thor can get his hands behind his head while still holding the hammer and without spinning around.