• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,459 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2022 at 4:39 PM, Math Teacher said:

I picked up this grail from an IG user this week. I know there are people who will argue that this belongs in the GA forum, so I am just going to post here and there.

DC225.thumb.jpg.528568fd1875b28dd13efad1da970bb5.jpg

Nice book.

Silver Age Classic says DC :sumo:

1753246515_SilverAgeClassics-DetectiveComics225.jpg.528a4a97cb3b7bf10b76cd1890c458b7.jpg

On 10/6/2022 at 3:39 PM, Math Teacher said:

I picked up this grail from an IG user this week. I know there are people who will argue that this belongs in the GA forum, so I am just going to post here and there.

DC225.thumb.jpg.528568fd1875b28dd13efad1da970bb5.jpg

There was a great debate in the 1970’s over which book actually started the silver age. Detective #225 or Showcase #4. Flash ended up with a stronger vote due to a higher visibility. Since the silver age was really started over several years vs Action #1 which almost immediately impacted the industry Detective #225 still makes a good case and I know a few who consider it along with Showcase #4 as the books that started the silver age vs just one of them. 

Edited by N e r V
Spelling

On 10/6/2022 at 9:25 PM, N e r V said:

There was a great debate in the 1970’s over which book actually started the silver age. Detective #225 or Showcase #4. Flash ended up with a stronger vote due to a higher visibility. Since the silver age was really started over several years vs Action #1 which almost immediately impacted the industry Detective #225 still makes a good case and I know a few who consider it along with Showcase #4 as the books that started the silver age vs just one of them. 

I have heard about that discussion. To me, it's Showcase #4, as it has the hero plastered on the cover. Detective #225 is not unlike Strange Tales #110, introducing new characters with placing them on the cover.

Regardless, I am quite happy with my purchase.