• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

I am way out of the loop here, but can someone answer a couple of questions for me?

1. What the heck is nearmint doing on Facebook and more importantly what is he doing looking at a Bob site ? (just kidding).

2. Did one of the books get messed up with tape and the real debate center around the pulled cover/glue/color touch.

3. West, did you look at the book before it was submitted?

I can understand Bob getting upset when a very valuable book comes back restored and with damage that it didn't appear to have before. Is it possible that CGC somehow damaged the book? Yes, it's possible. Is it possible that Bob missed the restoration and the glue and the staple popped because it was glued and not that secure. Yes, it's likely.

To start his facebook rant 6 or so years later is a spoon move. He's just retaliating for the deserved criticism he received here and his two week vacation. The timing is not a coincidence. Shame on you Bob.

He won't ship any pulps or return the $3600 paid for them and I can't wait for him to get banned from this site and added to the HOS.

Jean Bails has posted on Facebook (this is cross-posted from the Probation Discussion thread):

Even Jerry Bail's wife was ripped off by him (read her comment on his facebook page, for you non-FBers: Jean Bails "I should probably add here that some refuse to buy from Bob because he owes me a lot of money for comics he sold from Jerry's small collection. I have given Bob some financial grace/leeway because of the enormous problems he has faced. The only way he can pay me back is by selling comics and memorabelia (sp?). So a boycott of Bob only serves to hurt me as well."

:o And Beerbohm has the gall to pretend that he has been championing Jean Bails' cause all along.

Some people just have no shame.

Looks like BLB's house-of-cards is collapsing as we speak...

He also pointedly ignores my posts on FB, although he blocked Matt for saying the same things.

If he is trying to do it because he thinks it will make me feel unimportant, he has another think coming. I will just post more details. I am looking at the best way to bring up the facts of Matt's transaction and include the screencaps of the monetary transaction, but it is all so jumbled now...

-slym

Jean Bails has posted on Facebook (this is cross-posted from the Probation Discussion thread):

Even Jerry Bail's wife was ripped off by him (read her comment on his facebook page, for you non-FBers: Jean Bails "I should probably add here that some refuse to buy from Bob because he owes me a lot of money for comics he sold from Jerry's small collection. I have given Bob some financial grace/leeway because of the enormous problems he has faced. The only way he can pay me back is by selling comics and memorabelia (sp?). So a boycott of Bob only serves to hurt me as well."

:o And Beerbohm has the gall to pretend that he has been championing Jean Bails' cause all along.

Snap.

oh, jesus. he always plays the "cgc hurt jerry's widow" card, while all the while knowing he fleeced her, too. low as one can go.

when it came time for mrs. bails to select a dealer to broker her books, i'm reminded of the old knight's classic, perfectly delivered line from last crusade---"she chose...poorly."

oh, jesus. he always plays the "cgc hurt jerry's widow" card, while all the while knowing he fleeced her, too. low as one can go.

when it came time for mrs. bails to select a dealer to broker her books, i'm reminded of the old knight's classic, perfectly delivered line from last crusade---"she chose...poorly."

This guy just gets more and more unbelievable. Astounding.

And no doubt BLB chose her with cold calculation, playing the 'trusted friend' card on a poor unsuspecting, recently widowed older woman, all the while knowing that he was going to fleece her.

She unfortunately was an easy mark for him.

Honestly it doesn't even matter what the motive or intentions were. Whether intentional or whether he is not right in the head it doesnt matter. She hasn't been paid. Pulps haven't been shipped, etc. his word appears to mean nothing at this point. As was previously said it would be funny if it wasn't sad. He sure needs a HOSing or a banning though.

Sadly, there is a precedent for that in the hobby. When Rick Durrell died, his widow turned down an enormous cash offer when she fell under the spell of Ernie Gerber's promises to ultimately pay her 3X-4X my cash offer. In the end she got virtually nothing. That won't happen to my wife when I die as I have given her strict instructions on who she can trust to help her and to ignore the lies and promises she hears from others. You might want to do the same thing.

And no doubt BLB chose her with cold calculation, playing the 'trusted friend' card on a poor unsuspecting, recently widowed older woman, all the while knowing that he was going to fleece her.

She unfortunately was an easy mark for him.

His age-old constant complaints about his health, hips, ad nauseum, are all results of karma. This is all nothing new. He was the same prevaricating attention-seeker decades ago, and NOTHING will ever change that. Word has it that after ripping off an early ComicCon attendee Bob got caught before making his getaway and "fell" down a flight of stairs. His BULLSHIZ is eternal!