• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed sold through pm

13 posts in this topic

actually that little wing thing is part of the cover so you are ok there..it is not man made. Nice copy...too bad the cover is faded but the rest of book is solid...good luck (thumbs u

etanick, thanks. it looks hand drawn to me didnt want to mislead anyone. quality, like i stated moe then once in the thread. it is not a 9.8. i will repeat. it is not a 9.8. it is a nice solid copy. again it is not a 9.8 that is why it is 215.00 shipped and not 3 grand.

Neat story on the "little wing" on the "X", if you check out X-Men 3, it looks like they just re-used the logo from that including Warren's wing :)

I think what Brent may be trying to say is that your description says one thing but the pics say something else and since pretty much everyone's collection is not a 9.8, that really doesn't go a long way to help describe the condition of the book.

Anyway, just take it as constructive criticism :) Good luck with your sale!

there is a small tear at the bottom of the book under the word the. when looking at the book you can hardly see it. i have boxes of silver age stuff and when i took the book out and took pictures i didnt notice it. the back cover on top has a small marvel chip. i guess that is the reason for pictures. people can look and decide for themselves if they want the book or not. again. as i have stated a few times in this thread. this is not a 9.8. that is why it is 215.00 shipped. this is a very solid copy of xmen 7. the pics say it all. if anyone wants more pictures i will be glad to take them. just hit me with a pm. thanks for looking. any other silver age books you might be looking for pm me i may have them and can send you pics.

If I may offer you a suggestion- there is a seperate forum for asking people to grade your books. You might want to post your books there and get an idea what your books actually grade, then price them accordingly. I do believe you have good intentions, but it's becoming fairly obvious you are not all that familiar with how to grade your books.

there is a small tear at the bottom of the book under the word the. when looking at the book you can hardly see it. i have boxes of silver age stuff and when i took the book out and took pictures i didnt notice it. the back cover on top has a small marvel chip. i guess that is the reason for pictures. people can look and decide for themselves if they want the book or not. again. as i have stated a few times in this thread. this is not a 9.8. that is why it is 215.00 shipped. this is a very solid copy of xmen 7. the pics say it all. if anyone wants more pictures i will be glad to take them. just hit me with a pm. thanks for looking. any other silver age books you might be looking for pm me i may have them and can send you pics.

What grade would you give your book ? Not that easy to see from a flash-pic.

shadroch, thank you for your advice. i am comfortable with grading my books. i dont post my thoughts on grade because that is what pictures are for. people can form their own opinions on them. i can send more pics if people pm as well. if they think it is a good deal great. if not that is fine as well. the whole 9.8 is more joke then anything. simply put until someone states mint why tell them it isnt. lol. but it means a lot to me how you and others have posted or sent me pm's trying to help. there are some really good people on these boards. for that reason im glad i joined cgc.

If I may offer you a suggestion- there is a seperate forum for asking people to grade your books. You might want to post your books there and get an idea what your books actually grade, then price them accordingly. I do believe you have good intentions, [font:Arial Black]but it's becoming fairly obvious you are not all that familiar with how to grade your books.[/font]

Here, here....