• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to buy a big book like Batman 1?

137 posts in this topic

I've been considering recently pulling some money out of savings and going for the big Kahuna, Batman 1. I'm thinking a mid-grade restored copy (w/o trimming) and was looking at monstercollectibles' copy on eBay right before the brouhaha started here about him sending restored books to PGX.

So short of checking eBay, Heritage, Metro, and Comiclink regularly, any advice?

Selling the Fights I need :takeit:

I thought G.A.tor was the official go-to guy for these types of purchase. A pack of Coke Zero and Rick'll help ya. Hit him right now since he's still on his Aman 26 high (thumbs u

Or just tell Roy and Brian, those guys get around pretty good. :)

Hey Roy and Brian, I'm thinking about buying a midgrade PLOD Batman 1.

I thought G.A.tor was the official go-to guy for these types of purchase. A pack of Coke Zero and Rick'll help ya. Hit him right now since he's still on his Aman 26 high (thumbs u

I'm also going to be drafting a will. If you want to wait 30 or so years, send me your want list and I'll see you're provided for.

I'm also going to be drafting a will. If you want to wait 30 or so years, send me your want list and I'll see you're provided for.

PM sent! :acclaim:

With my luck, you're probably younger than I am lol

+1 on Rick being the go-to guy, I think he gets his comics from the devil, and it will only cost you your soul (or money)

Watching the prices, but that 1.0 on Heritage looks like an excellent restoration candidate if you got the work done yourself. (It should also be interesting to see how the restored/trimmed 7.0 hammer price compares).

The pros around here can probably let you be able to judge if you are better off doing that kind of work yourself or just waiting for an already restored copy to become available. Based on the sales recently, you should only have to wait a few days for the next one to come to market.

+1 on Rick being the go-to guy, I think he gets his comics from the devil, and it will only cost you your soul (or money)

I'm a lawyer. I have no soul.

it's almost mind boggling how many connections that man has. All I can do is hope a book I need pops up on comiclink, ebay, ect. and pray I see it first.

Roy just had his up for sale on ebay just a few weeks ago a very nice copy you should send him a PM to see if he still has it

Roy just had his up for sale on ebay just a few weeks ago a very nice copy you should send him a PM to see if he still has it

It's trimmed, which is something I'd rather avoid.

:o

If I come across one I'll definitely let you know.

(thumbs u