• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sales Forum more like the Bermuda Triange

186 posts in this topic

All that hair on your head and you have just slightly more hair than those Thai lady-boys everywhere else. hm

You know this, how?

Roy's online travel-log. Very very informative.

That was top secret material.

:mad:

I've managed to sell every book I've offered on these boards. Of course, I sell on the cheap and usually accept the first low ball offer I'm pm'ed. Gotta have my dough for the OA, baby! :headbang:

Dan

hm

hm

I also feel like the offerings in the forum are down a little. Once you eliminate the high grade slabs and the endless supply of Spideys and other Marvel staples there isn't much left. It seems like it's the same books over and over and over....

I will be honest. I "occasionally" buy from the forums, but several factors slow me down.

Sometimes I see items listed I want, but are more then I am personally willing to pay, and usually can pick them up cheaper on ebay with patience.

And frankly since the DRfrankenstein thing came out I am even more leery on buying anything since there is really no effective means of protection. That being said those who I dealt with in the past I will tend to buy from, those I haven't dealt with I will really hesitate.

Not many people like DC, and not much besides what you mentioned sells in the older books.

As a DC collector and being new to the boards, from what I have seen I would agree.

Although there have been some nice DC stuff pop up here and there.

Not many people like DC, and not much besides what you mentioned sells in the older books.

I like DC. :grin:

I was just starting to think that eventually everything shows up for sale here. I alwasys wanted a FF 25 in high grade (Roy put one up for sale (gorgeous 9.6)), Planet 71 (Jimjum, a sweet 7.5ish) and then Strange Adventures 9 (8.0 ish), same thing one came up for sale.

Me, I think the sales threads are not presented well. It is hard to find books unless you constatnly roam the sales forum. And if the seller is selling a lot of books, it is hard to put that in the title. I wish there was a better way to index and search for what is available.

I don't know, lots of great gold books. I will admit maybe a bit more last year. In the last 2 months I picked up a Jo Jo #25, Adventure #79. Both were really high on my want list. Have seen a decent amount of other stuff I would love to buy. Its a bit of luck on the buy side as well, being the first one to see a book.

Bruce

I think it goes in spurts. At times I'll see a bunch of books I've been looking for and then other times nothing for awhile. Tastes vary and the popular books that people want are just that, popular. So collectors trying to get rid of their less desirable books to pick up that more desired item means less interesting books up for sale. Also, it doesn't help when people try to sell their raw books for GPA prices.

Im not saying the forum is stale. Well kind of. I see alot of sellers rehashing the same books, and a few that I just dont think I agree with the assigned grades. When you buy the way I do (generally 9.0) getting an 8.0 or 8.5 is just not gonna work. That being said, I dont collect spidey, dont want a showcase 22, and dont collect uber hg. So pikkins are slim these days. Most of my purchases are oddball.

Has the change in ebay search from a month ago led to people buying more on ebay? Now that the "store" listings show up in regular search without having to do a separate search, I'm finding it very easy to find specific issues.

As for board pickings being more slim than six months ago, that could be due to just the change in the calendar. Everyone wanted to sell books in December. In May people are spending more time outside.

Im not saying the forum is stale. Well kind of. I see alot of sellers rehashing the same books, and a few that I just dont think I agree with the assigned grades. When you buy the way I do (generally 9.0) getting an 8.0 or 8.5 is just not gonna work. That being said, I dont collect spidey, dont want a showcase 22, and dont collect uber hg. So pikkins are slim these days. Most of my purchases are oddball.

What are you trying to say about my past couple threads :baiting:

Has the change in ebay search from a month ago led to people buying more on ebay? Now that the "store" listings show up in regular search without having to do a separate search, I'm finding it very easy to find specific issues.

As for board pickings being more slim than six months ago, that could be due to just the change in the calendar. Everyone wanted to sell books in December. In May people are spending more time outside.

As a Golden Age buyer I think its party who is having sales threads. A lot of guys who had great threads are not having as much lately. Gator, RyanH, MC Miles, October are all guys I remember having some really nice gold and not many threads lately. Xaiver Logan is one of the few really great Gold threads I have seen in a while, minus a lot of FH books and a few nice Superman threads.

Bruce

That's not Roy...that's Drexl, yo.

gary-oldman-top-11-whats-a-drexl.jpg

Faith No More/Epic

Such a great song (worship) (worship) (worship) (thumbs u

I know this is kind of strange but the first time I ever listed to that song was last year....I do agree that the song is "Epic".

:cloud9:

It would be great if we always heard music right around when it was released, but often that's not the case. As long as there is a connection there for the listener, proximity to the release date doesn't matter so much. Its true with rock/popular music + even more true for jazz + classical. I hear "new" music, new to me of course, all the time that blows me away + that music could be 50 to 250 years old. Not to sound too cliched, but great music is timeless. And Faith No More were way ahead of there time!! :headbang:

Yeah, I suppose it's kind of strange to hear something a decade a later than everyone else but it also allows you to appreciate things with a mature mind and a different POV.

Faith No More were definitely ahead of their time and they literally almost spawned a new genre of music (Red Hot Chili Peppers come to mind) that we still listen to today.

I think the best thing about their music was that you couldn't pin them down to one "type". It was heavy, it was hip hop, it was a ballad, it was comical, it was really almost everything rolled up in one.

Too bad like most giants they didn't last very long.

Faith No More did NOT spawn the Red Hot Chili Peppers. More likely it was the other way around.

In my case, I've had much more disposible income to buy comics than I've ever had but haven't had the desire to buy. In fact, I've bought very few comics in 2010 and think a recent purchase from FT is the first significant buy I've had since Jan.

Another board member told me that he has the money but that he just somehow feels that he shouldn't be buying because of the overall economy.

I'm posting fewer :takeit: because I'm trying to concentrate on bigger buys, even though they are often still from forum members via PMs.

Faith No More/Epic

I know this is kind of strange but the first time I ever listed to that song was last year....I do agree that the song is "Epic".

It would be great if we always heard music right around when it was released, but often that's not the case. As long as there is a connection there for the listener, proximity to the release date doesn't matter so much. Its true with rock/popular music + even more true for jazz + classical. I hear "new" music, new to me of course, all the time that blows me away + that music could be 50 to 250 years old. Not to sound too cliched, but great music is timeless. And Faith No More were way ahead of there time!! :headbang:

Yeah, I suppose it's kind of strange to hear something a decade a later than everyone else but it also allows you to appreciate things with a mature mind and a different POV.

Faith No More were definitely ahead of their time and they literally almost spawned a new genre of music (Red Hot Chili Peppers come to mind) that we still listen to today.

I think the best thing about their music was that you couldn't pin them down to one "type". It was heavy, it was hip hop, it was a ballad, it was comical, it was really almost everything rolled up in one.

Faith No More did NOT spawn the Red Hot Chili Peppers. More likely it was the other way around.

+1111111111

Faith No More/Epic

+1111111111

+2222222222

Faith No More/Epic

+1111111111

+2222222222

Hey, not looking to diss the Chilis or take anything away from them. From what I know and have read Faith No More was formed earlier, came out with their big album earlier, etc etc. FNM seemed to pave the way for blended, alternative music on a commercial level.

FNM was formed in 1981

Chili was formed in 1983

FNM "breakthrough" album The Real Thing 1989

Chili "breakthrough" album Blood Sugar Sex Magik 1991

hm Solution!

1. Drink beer

2. Post picture of you drinking on my Toon Tumblers thread

3. Throw caution to the wind and take advantage of some great priced books in the sales forum! (thumbs u

4. Good times!! :banana:

:banana: Chris