• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My LCS is closing

17 posts in this topic

So even though there are a couple of other places I could go to can anyone recommend a good online store that is reliable and has a decent discount?

If you don't support the couple of other places, you'll lose those as choices as well.

So even though there are a couple of other places I could go to can anyone recommend a good online store that is reliable and has a decent discount?

If you don't support the couple of other places, you'll lose those as choices as well.

Word! Support small business.

Agreed. There is one LCS in town that has always treated me fairly. The owner tries to bring in new GA-BA collections.

I'm sure I could buy the few titles I still buy as new issues elsewhere for cheaper and I know I could buy back issues cheaper here or ebay but I won't close my pull file and I try to buy at least one back issue every visit. I like having a well run store in town.

Agreed. There is one LCS in town that has always treated me fairly. The owner tries to bring in new GA-BA collections.

I'm sure I could buy the few titles I still buy as new issues elsewhere for cheaper and I know I could buy back issues cheaper here or ebay but I won't close my pull file and I try to buy at least one back issue every visit. I like having a well run store in town.

Wizards has GA? hm

I wouldn't mind losing the other choices in my area. My awesome LCS closed down late last year due to family problems (the owner had to relocate). I've given the other guys a fair shake and so far, they all suck by any standards.

Only support the places worth supporting. :sumo: I figure if I support the places with terrible books and even worse customer service, I'm basically encouraging them to be bad. I try to speak with my wallet when the situation warrants it.

Support good stores. Supporting bad stores simply crowds out the market for potentially good stores (although not that too many folks are looking to open a comic shop nowadays...). Of course, there are varying definitions of what a "good store" is.

I wouldn't mind losing the other choices in my area. My awesome LCS closed down late last year due to family problems (the owner had to relocate). I've given the other guys a fair shake and so far, they all suck by any standards.

Only support the places worth supporting. :sumo: I figure if I support the places with terrible books and even worse customer service, I'm basically encouraging them to be bad. I try to speak with my wallet when the situation warrants it.

Don't know how long you've been in Knoxville, I used to co-own a store there, we sold in disgust in the 90's when Capital Distribution folded, if you know about that history stuff. I know which stores your talking about and which one closed. I didn't find out till a month or so after and tried to contact him to find out about his stock but never got any responses.

All my family is still in K'ville and I'm only 250 miles away, I have been seriously considering opening a store back up there. Now if I can only convince the wife :roflmao:

Which store is closing?

Over The Edge Games is closing. My other choices are New England Comics (where the guy is kind of pushy) or a place that is more of a guitar lesson place. It's not all that great. If NEC had a discount program I'd go there because they are trying to find a new person to run the place.