• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay vs Comiclink vs and Heritage: Who is the winner?

29 posts in this topic

What is your minimum value for a consignment, or do you even have one?

And how much can you get for a Double Action #3, hmmmmm?

Why not just consign to Metropolis? While I usually charge a 15% consignment fee I will match the Link's price at a flat 10% for all of my forum brethren. I do not charge extra if my buyer pays using a credit card or anything else. You can either send me a scan or actually mail me the book. Your book will be listed on my site, included in my Feature Gallery as well as weekly emailsto tens of thousands of buyers. My site has over one million pages accessed monthly and we reach all types of buyers not just guys looking for hot Marvels, high grade or CGC graded comics (though we do get them too!). If you are interested in pursuing this simply email me at vincentz@metropolisent.com and I will look over your list. You are also welcome to call me at 800-229-6387.

Sincerely,

Vincent

Why not just consign to Metropolis? While I usually charge a 15% consignment fee I will match the Link's price at a flat 10% for all of my forum brethren. I do not charge extra if my buyer pays using a credit card or anything else. You can either send me a scan or actually mail me the book. Your book will be listed on my site, included in my Feature Gallery as well as weekly emailsto tens of thousands of buyers. My site has over one million pages accessed monthly and we reach all types of buyers not just guys looking for hot Marvels, high grade or CGC graded comics (though we do get them too!). If you are interested in pursuing this simply email me at vincentz@metropolisent.com and I will look over your list. You are also welcome to call me at 800-229-6387.

Sincerely,

Vincent

It all depends upon the book- email me your list vincentz@metropolisent.com

I suspect that the future of comics sales will be the lower margin sites (whether it be comic link or Metropolis or others) that take a smaller vig and can arrange the swap of payment vs delivery of the book. E-Bay doesn't stand behind the transaction so lower price sales will be their venue. Heritage and others skim off too large a share for them to be viable longer term.

Here is my complaint with the Comic link site from my perspective. The sellers often aren't particularly motivated so the selling price is usually above my range. I prefer the auction sites since I suspect most books are priced to move. I prefer spending more time and effort going through the auction sites looking for books I wish to be more aggresive with since both the buyer and seller wish to trade.

Right or wrong, those are my thoughts.

Vince,

I am a buyer, not a seller, at this point. I was just asking for future reference, and also, so that you could pass along the information for the other board members who might consider consigning through you. If I ever do sell my collection, we'll talk.

Sincerely,

Vincent

My problem with Comiclink is that you can place a "Buy" order at the listed selling price, fill out the order sheet, send in your payment information, and then be told the next day, "Sorry, someone else beat you to it." If I'm going on a waitlist, I'd like to know that before I get my hopes up and tell all my friends that I am the proud owner of an AF#15. 27_laughing.gif

I suspect that the future of comics sales will be the lower margin sites (whether it be comic link or Metropolis or others) that take a smaller vig and can arrange the swap of payment vs delivery of the book. E-Bay doesn't stand behind the transaction so lower price sales will be their venue. Heritage and others skim off too large a share for them to be viable longer term.

Here is my complaint with the Comic link site from my perspective. The sellers often aren't particularly motivated so the selling price is usually above my range. I prefer the auction sites since I suspect most books are priced to move. I prefer spending more time and effort going through the auction sites looking for books I wish to be more aggresive with since both the buyer and seller wish to trade.

Right or wrong, those are my thoughts.

Can you think of any advantages to listing with Metropolis versus ComicLink? With ComicLink, you can enter any slabbed book of almost any value directly into their site and have it pop up within minutes...with Metropolis, we have to send you a list and cross our fingers you'll list it in a timely fashion--or that you'll even list it at all.

I'm not taking any biased pleasure in saying this, but it appears that Josh has the best thing going in high grade mail order comics right now.

Can you think of any advantages to listing with Metropolis versus ComicLink? With ComicLink, you can enter any slabbed book of almost any value directly into their site and have it pop up within minutes...with Metropolis, we have to send you a list and cross our fingers you'll list it in a timely fashion--or that you'll even list it at all.

I'm not taking any biased pleasure in saying this, but it appears that Josh has the best thing going in high grade mail order comics right now.

You don't think Vince likely realizes that fact and therefore is trying to direct us to his consignment service that is otherwise far less known? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif Nor is that meant as any slight against Metropolis. flowerred.gif

From a seller's standpoint it's just about maximizing your value. I'm not promoting either over the other. You'd have to ask yourself which is more attractive to you. Do you want a potentially lower consignors fee (Metro) vs. stronger visibility and being "hot" (ComicLink)?

Then there's always the potential to list on BOTH (although that can pose a variety of problems). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif