• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legendary Auctions Golden age books

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone dealt with Legendary Auctions? They seem to have a number of great Golden Age books right now. Worth bidding on? Lots of early issues of Captain America Comics, and some high grade Human Torch including a 9.4 #23.

Isn't this Mastro revamped?

Yes in a way. Mastronet Auctions. I have won lots from them before. An FF #1 and and Human Torch #23. My winning bids were right around market.

I did get suspicious on the FF #1 bidding. Remember Mastro was the outfit accused of shill bidding their own auctions and the FBI even got involved. . Do a google search for "legendary auctions shill bidding".

A short clip from one article -

"Mastro Auctions, the largest sports memorabilia auction house, has closed amid an FBI fraud investigation. Three Mastro executives have purchased the company’s assets and will launch a new company called Legendary Auctions. Part of the investigation by law enforcement is focused on charges of “shill bidding”.

The way the FF lot bid up was very suspicious to me so I don't know if I am going to bid there again. I get their catalog every time - mostly full of sports memorabilia. I won the HT lot when it Mastronet and the FF after it became Legendary.

Kinda reminds me of the Batman #1 CGC 9.0 in CLink this month. Notice it hit 300k and met reserve with A LOT of days left. VERY SUSPICIOUS!
nothing suspicious about it... I know the current high bidder, he is 100% legit (thumbs u

Kinda reminds me of the Batman #1 CGC 9.0 in CLink this month. Notice it hit 300k and met reserve with A LOT of days left. VERY SUSPICIOUS!
nothing suspicious about it... I know the current high bidder, he is 100% legit (thumbs u

Ditto.