• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The very exclusive Marvel 1 Pedigree Club

104 posts in this topic

That Cage Oct Marvel 1 sat on Metros site for a LOOOOONG time at 50k with no buyers I remember.This is a while back.I think it was a vg or vg plus Unrestored.

Its a CGC 5.0 an eventually sold for $83K. Can't think of another book I'd rather have that this one.

Are there any October pedigrees of this book?

I don't think so. I think I've only seen 4 maybe 5 copies in 10 years and only the Cage copy was unrestored. Grail of grails for me. :cloud9:

Yeah, I don't think so either, which is a shame because a copy with a confirmed point of origin might tell us something about this book.

COB...1koko with the Denver

VC...mr.bedrock with the Twilight

CAA... G.A.tor with the Allentown

SAA... billyparker with the Kansas City

and newest member cgcworld with the Chicago

meeting adjourned

My favourite thread ever!!! ^^

:cloud9::acclaim:

Jim

Jim, you gonna get it hand delivered in Philly or Heroes?

It would be fitting if I waited til Chicago hm and my bank account would thank me :)

Jim

jim, this'll make you feel even better about your little pick-up; i know it makes me feel good about mine. this book just sold at that price.

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%5Fadv%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26TITLE%3D%26TITLEOPT%3DALL%26ISSUE%3D%26Condition%3D%26ConditionTo%3D%26CensusRank%3D%26Pedigree%3D%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26DESCRIPTION%3D%26DESCRIPTIONOPT%3DALL%26SearchRemarks%3D%26SearchCGC%3D%26EXCLUDE%3D%26CATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26WCATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26SORT%3DNEW%26%5Fwhere%5Fforsale%3Dy%26%5Fwhere%5Fauctions%3Dy%26x%3D26%26y%3D10%26where%5Fforsale%3Dy&id=847739

My old copy. :(

Dang. Must have sold immediately as it's only been there an hour.

:cry:

Went for about $5K more than I sold it for 2 years ago. I would have been perfectly happy to have this as my only comic in my collection but when the real estate market crashed so did my income. :cry:

This was a prearranged sale to a buddy of mine...brokered through clink but it was not available "for sale"...it was listed already sold (thumbs u

Peter I remember you buying it from me a few years ago but didn't you have to sell it quickly (if memory serves me)

This was a prearranged sale to a buddy of mine...brokered through clink but it was not available "for sale"...it was listed already sold (thumbs u

Peter I remember you buying it from me a few years ago but didn't you have to sell it quickly (if memory serves me)

Rick you are correct. Market dried up, my income dropped substantially so I had to unload some nice books but this one hurt the most.

Rick you are correct. Market dried up, my income dropped substantially so I had to unload some nice books but this one hurt the most.

I remember you bought it (I think I got it from Brent)...but details after that are fuzzy lol

I remember you bought it (I think I got it from Brent)...but details after that are fuzzy lol

Yup Brent had it then it was listed on Marnin's site for a while. Marnin didn't like it because the cover was glossed or something like that, think it had too much resto for his liking.

Yup Brent had it then it was listed on Marnin's site for a while. Marnin didn't like it because the cover was glossed or something like that, think it had too much resto for his liking.

oh, no doubt it was a franken book extensive...but, it was an "oct" (only real redeming quality lol )

So what's the price difference between an Oct. copy and a Nov. copy? Surprised that the Oct. copy sold for that much with ext. resto.

no diff by guide. otherwise, it depends on who you ask--i'd pay a pittance more for an october, but only a pittance. some hold it in VERY high esteem and would apparently pay a large premium for omission of the black dot.

oh, no doubt it was a franken book extensive...but, it was an "oct" (only real redeming quality lol )

the fact that you are in the ownership lineage of the book gives it added redemption, those of us who love you would say. that means me, your wife and the kids. that's everybody. all others top out at something like lukewarm fondness.

So what's the price difference between an Oct. copy and a Nov. copy? Surprised that the Oct. copy sold for that much with ext. resto.

no diff by guide. otherwise, it depends on who you ask--i'd pay a pittance more for an october, but only a pittance. some hold it in VERY high esteem and would apparently pay a large premium for omission of the black dot.

I agree, October/Shmoctober... mine had me at Chicago :cloud9:

Jim

Not too surprised. With only a handful of copies the buyer may have to wait another 10 years to grab one. I bet you that buyer already owns a Nov copy.