• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gman - here's ASM # 13 for grading

17 posts in this topic

another original purchase made in Orange, NJ by me in the spring of 1964. i would only by 8 more spidey's before hanging it up for 40 years..................this one has some minor overflash bending and a half dozen small spine ticks. otherwise, it looks pretty decent.

1075288177793_asm_13.jpg

1075612289380_asm_13_front.jpg

now Gman can help grade this along with Discount and Drbanner. if these guys give it a decent grade, you're doing OK!!! grin.gif

Is that a tiny chip out of the tlc of the back cover? I'll go 7.5 on this one...can I change my grade and double-down later!?!? insane.gif

i thought it might be a shadow......if not, that could bring it down.

8.0 to 8.5. I think 7.5 is too low for a book with corners that nice and that doesn't have at least one long non-color breaking bends. I don't think 6 or 7 spine stresses will knock it down to VF-, and I'm guessing that the overflash looks worse on the scanner than in person.

Is that a tiny chip out of the tlc of the back cover? I'll go 7.5 on this one...can I change my grade and double-down later!?!? insane.gif

i thought it might be a shadow......if not, that could bring it down.

nope, it's the overflash's shadow on the back of the front overflash 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

well, i'll have to thank my lucky stars and a good grading day down in Sarasota, because this baby and his brother #15 just got graded at 9.0's......... grin.gif

the stars of my overall submission were my 27 FF's/JIM's which got average grades of 8.2. the cream of the crop were FF 11 at 9.4, 15 & 25 at 9.2 and JIM 88 at 9.2. acclaim.gif

While those grades are nice for you (if you're to sell them, that is), I don't know that I'd be happy receiving that as a 9.0 if I bought it graded. Color breaking spine stress, stress along the upper overflash, blunted bindary corners, and a roll on the back cover urc. Pretty iffy grade, if you ask me.

How's the ASM 15 look?

Brian