• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SA Adventure Comics Collectors Thread
7 7

706 posts in this topic

I don't think anyone's posted this one yet...

Adventure275.jpg

I'm not in the same league as you high grade guys. For my collection, however, this is the ideal grade. No major flaws but not so perfect that it is neither unreadable nor commands a premium. A copy like this one just puts me on :cloud9:

Now if I could only find them all in the 5.0 to 7.0 range... anybody selling?

Great book! Origin tale. My copy is about the same grade as yours, perhaps just slightly better. Consequently, I've enjoyed reading it over the years. And I do mean years; I've owned it since the mid-sixties. Late at night now; I'll post it tomorrow or Thursday.

SLR

AdventureComics180.jpg From Sept. 1952, an issue one doesn't see very often. It's a nice copy except for those obtrusive initials. I enjoy the backups in these early fifties' Adventures especially Green Arrow and Johnny Quick and Aquaman. I think Ramona Fradon was the artist on Aquaman. There weren't too many women in the field back then and I've always admired her work. I met her a few times in San Diego.

AdventureComics180.jpg From Sept. 1952, an issue one doesn't see very often. It's a nice copy except for those obtrusive initials. I enjoy the backups in these early fifties' Adventures especially Green Arrow and Johnny Quick and Aquaman. I think Ramona Fradon was the artist on Aquaman. There weren't too many women in the field back then and I've always admired her work. I met her a few times in San Diego.

Really nice copy. Great to see this issue!