• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please report this guy

27 posts in this topic

Just another Ebay fraudster trying to pass of an ASM 1 reprint as "this original 1963 Amazing Spiderman was only issued in some Sunday Papers as a promotion deal."

He semi-disclaims it but is clearly hoping someone will think it's from 1963.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320536755197&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I reported him to Heston Blumenthal, he said he'd make a fairytale landscape out of sugared toffee and demi-glazed almond biscuits to mark his stance.

Does anybody actually give a mess about the this cooks?? :screwy:

What a tool. Definetly misleading BUT I will say that anyone who is spending $1,500 on a comic will "Probably " know its not the real deal. I hope :wishluck:

yeah, but someone who doesn't know any better, but knows ASM is "worth a lot", might offer him $100 to buy it as a gift for someone or thinks he's getting over...

how do I get INS to raid the car wash I spent $8 at today that didn't get the bird p**p off my car and when I complained they refused to do anything and said "we do the best we can" (after they cursed me out to eachother in spanish...like they really think i don't understand what they're saying?)

now i just have baked on bird kr*p. great.

it is irrelevant to these guys that i am [was] a customer who probably comes once a month (and twice a month during the summer), they don't care, they don't own the place, they're working off the books and it's not like there's a phone # to call to complain.

how do I get INS to raid the car wash I spent $8 at today that didn't get the bird p**p off my car and when I complained they refused to do anything and said "we do the best we can" (after they cursed me out to eachother in spanish...like they really think i don't understand what they're saying?)

now i just have baked on bird kr*p. great.

it is irrelevant to these guys that i am [was] a customer who probably comes once a month (and twice a month during the summer), they don't care, they don't own the place, they're working off the books and it's not like there's a phone # to call to complain.

Call information for the phone number to INS...

See what you get...

;)

I'm looking for a hotline for this sort of thing. 411 will just charge me like $5 and give me a non-working #. (ok, if I was REALLY looking, I'd have spent some time on the interweb researching this, but I'd rather just mindlessly vent). My guess is that no such thing exists for the NYC area. We only care about terrorists here and these guys certainly aren't terrorists unless terrorism includes taking my $8 and leaving the bird p**p on my car. irriratorists, that's what they are.

there is a hotline # (good 'ole interweb!), but i won't post it as that may seem too political. anyway, how does this relate to comics you might ask? well, a shop i like to pop into is 3 blocks from the carwash, so I hit it right after the carwash and picked up a nice stack of 50 cent box books. the joy I had from my haul quickly evaporated when I walked back to my car only to see that the bird poop was still there in all its poopiness. (I don't get out of my car to inspect at the carwash). I can't even look at my comics now (but will probably be able to tomorrow).

Here's a link showing the covers of what this POS is really selling.

Reprint Info

Here is the synopsis from that site:

In August of 2006, News America Marketing announced that beginning Sunday, August 20, it would be issuing a series of reprint Spider-Man comics that would essentially start at the very first appearance of Spidey Amazing Fantasy #15 from 1963, and advance through the series. The comics would be distributed in Sunday newspapers across the country to over 10 million households. Each comic would be split in half and spread across two consecutive weeks.

He is also selling others from that series for big bucks as well. The d-bag's descriptions don't even make any sense. Here's the description for the fake #2 where he also forgot to crop out the top of the photo showing the reprint specifics: "1963 #2 every excellent condition". Every excellent?! What does that mean? I'm going to jerk this guys chain to see how far he is willing to take this. Results to follow.

Here is my first question to him through eBay messaging:

Hi,

Cool comic! So this is the original #2 from 1963? Honestly I don't know much about comics, so I'll have to rely on your experience. I would definitely be interested if it is the original. Also, your description says "1963 #2 every excellent condition". What does every excellent mean? I'm confused, thanks.

More to follow.

Hi,

Cool comic! So this is the original #2 from 1963? Honestly I don't know much about comics, so I'll have to rely on your experience. I would definitely be interested if it is the original. Also, your description says "1963 #2 every excellent condition". What does every excellent mean? I'm confused, thanks.

More to follow.

:popcorn: Funny....I'm on it too with a email! I've been drinking this afternoon so this could get real good!!

He has a nice copy of #3 up for auction lol

Here is my email to him:

Hello,

I am interested in this issue, your auction says that this is issue #4 but I believe this is issue #3...so is this issue #3 or #4. Can I get a picture of the back cover? Thanks. Eric

I will let you all know what he has to say........

He seems to state clearly what the issue is (although in a roundabout fashion). Unless you can't read, I don't see what the fuss is about...except for the insane price he's asking... lol

His title is definitely misleading though. Should state reprint at the least...but it is in the description and the cover is clearly not the original.

He seems to state clearly what the issue is (although in a roundabout fashion). Unless you can't read, I don't see what the fuss is about...except for the insane price he's asking... lol

His title is definitely misleading though. Should state reprint at the least...but it is in the description and the cover is clearly not the original.

Not on the other comics he doesn't. Look at his other items for sale, like the #2. The auction title is "1963 amazing spiderman #2" and the description is: "1963 #2 every excellent condition". No mention of a reprint. He deserves every bit of grief he gets from us.

Hi,

More to follow.

:popcorn: Funny....I'm on it too with a email! I've been drinking this afternoon so this could get real good!!

Aaaaaahh man! This is going to be good...not that I am curious and wanna' find out...I NEED to find out...

Lawn chair........................... CHECK!

Brewski................................CHECK!

Uncontainable laughter.........__________

:popcorn: