• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bat 172-200, Sup 1, Bat 1, Surfer 4, Tec 38, MF 53, Sup 3, WW 2

95 posts in this topic

More Fun 53 apparent VF. Moderate Professional restoration. Color touch, pieces added, tear seals, spine support.

2nd app of the Spectre. Tough book to find in any grade! (only 21 graded by CGC so far, which coincidentally is 10 less copies than they've graded of More Fun 52!)

Asking $4500

MoreFun53.jpg

MoreFun53b.jpg

Detective Comics 38 (1st app Robin) Extensive Professional restoration (Color touch, pieces added, tear seals, spine rebuilt)

This is one of those restored books where I honestly have no idea what grade CGC would give this one. It has lots of very tiny spider-creases on the front cover where the resto has been done. But the book presents beautifully.

Since I have to assign it a grade, for the sake of the thread I'm going to grade it 5.0/6.0.

G guide is $4100 (and a G+ just sold for $5400)

Asking $3500

Detective38.jpg

Detective38b.jpg

THAT is a beautiful looking copy! (worship)

Talk about a behemoth of a sales thread!!!

Incredible Hulk 1 Extensive Professional restoration Color touch, pieces added, tear seals, spine support.

Bought this one on eBay Years ago as a NM. I am going to be conservative and call it F/VF but it looks much nicer! Has some slight discoloration on the top edge and some light staining on the back cover.

$3500

IncredibleHulk1.jpg

Hulk1b.jpg

Marvel Mystery 4 apparent F/VF color touch, pieces added, tear seals, spine re-inforced. 1st Sub-Mariner cover!

$2000

Marvel4-1.jpg

Marvel4back-1.jpg

My aversion to GA is well know on the boards but this cover just plain :headbang:

Last book for tonight!

Adventure Comics 42 (2nd Sandman cover) VG/F Unrestored

Spine split from the bottom of the spine to the beginning of the bottom staple.

*edit. Also, the front cover is detached from the top staple, but still attached at the top staple on the back cover.*

Very rare! There are only 12 copies on the CGC census!! (that includes restored & unrestored!)

OSPG: $1805

Asking $1800 (firm!)

Adventure42.jpg

Adventure42b.jpg

These books are all available here on the boards until tomorrow night. After that, some will be moved to eBay and some will go back into my collection.

I am open to all reasonable offers, time payments etc. (Except on the few books marked "firm" where the prices aren't very negociable.)

Thanks everyone who stayed up and participated in the thread!! (worship)(worship)

Batman 1 apparent VG/VG-. This book has extensive restoration including color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cleaned, and trimmed. The back cover has been signed by Bob Kane!

$10,000

Batman1-3.jpg

Batman1back-1.jpg

hm

All American Comics 16 (1st appearance of Green Lantern) CGC 8.0 Extensive Professional Restoration color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cleaned, reinforced

Listed as Rare in Overstreet

Asking: $15000

OSPG in unrestored VF: $96,000

AllAmerican16.jpg

AllAmerican16b.jpg

:o(worship) wow!!!!!

Agreed that is an awesome book. (worship)

surprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gifsurprised-039.gif [font:Arial Black]I'M NOT WORTHY!!!!!!! [/font] (worship) (worship)