• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Have YOU Met?

83 posts in this topic

Comic folks (some, can't remember all off the top of my head)

Joe Kubert

John Severin

Neal Adams

Mike Mignola

George Pratt

BWS

Bernie Wrightson

Bill Sienkev-however it's spelled

Jerry Ordway

Walt Simonson

Chuck Cuidera

Murphy Anderson

Jim Shooter

Ed Hannaghin

Mike Zeck

Curt Swan

Sam Elliot was having dinner at a restaurant while my neighbors, my wife and I were doing our monthly parents night out event.

I made the mistake of asking while he was behind everyone, "So who likes Sam Elliot, and what if I told you he is sitting right behind you?"

BIG MISTAKE!

lol

the only person is John Byrne way long ago when I was too young and too shy to ask for a sketch or anything. It was a small convention in Albany NY in the mid 80's...my first convention and he was sitting alone with no line whatsoever. I did manage to buy the nicest bronze X-men that I can afford for his sig. I wish I sat down and chat a little but I was too awestruck to know what to ask back then.

I still have that book (thumbs u

I live in LA. Movie "stars" around here are a dime a dozen, so unfair advantage. ;)

Plus you've met me, so everyone else pales in comparison.

:acclaim:

Oh, without question. And I was so nervous, I waited 10 years to do it....

;)

I worked on the movie TNT movie Andersonville as a one of the core group reenactors (glorified extra), but I did get to meet and talk with William Sanderson, Sebastian of Blade Runner fame, and we talked about Blade Runner (he said it was one of his favorite roles) Real cool guy. I met several other cast members and crew, but Bill Sanderson was by far the coolest.

Who have you met related to the comic/movie industry? It can be anyone :D

I've met Brian Michael Bendis, Stan Lee, Steve Sadowski (pencilled Avengers/Invaders).

Sarah McLaughlan used to be my neighbour :)

Do you mean Sarah McLachlan the singer? If so that is awesome.

I live in LA. Movie "stars" around here are a dime a dozen, so unfair advantage. ;)

indeed...I think my step brother more than made up for it since he met just about anyone and everyone famous or important that step foot in Hawaii or CA. His first lucky break was appearing in Silence of the Lamb, the boxing scene with the head gear on at the FBI training center...he was just there finishing up his training when they shot that movie and he was asked to be in the scene....lucky dog. Too bad he didn't sign anything to get any residual incomes from the movie. I have no idea how these things work but one of my college buddy was in the movie Tap because they shot the movie at his school and I think he still collect a check once in a while from that movie.

From the MMA World:

-------------------------------

Randy Couture

Chuck Liddell

Matt Hughes

Renato "Babalu" Sobral

Mark Coleman

Rich Franklin

George St. Pierre

Brock Lesnar

Ken Shamrock

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

Chris Lytle

Mike Swick

Frank Mir

Josh Koscheck (does it count as meeting if you intentionally ignore a guy even though he is standing right in front you and trying to get you to recognize him?)

Jeremy Horn

Nate Quarry

Gabriel Gonzaga

Tito Ortiz

Evan Tanner (RIP)

Robbie Lawler

Jorge Rivera

(and many more....)

Want to Meet:

-------------------------------

Wanderlei Silva!

Jon Jones

coolest people I met not at a con or show were stevie wonder and sam jackson.

countless b stars and sports players who no one cares about. oh may be Lawrence Taylor. He asked me if I had coke in a Shop Rite (grocery store east coast) parking lot when I was in high school.

In Chicago, they're about a quarter a dozen. Plus a ton of pro jocks.

Now that I'm out in the 'burbs, I don't run into anyone.

Diane Lane (Judge Dredd) - met many times at my nieces bday parties. Her ex-husband (the guy from the Highlander movies) used to drop off the kid and Diane would come by afterwards to pick up the kid. She is way hotter in person...naturally beautiful. Also met a bunch of people while working for Disney/ABC on the lots.

In Chicago, they're about a quarter a dozen. Plus a ton of pro jocks.

Now that I'm out in the 'burbs, I don't run into anyone.

Because I live in Burbank, I have driven past, by, next to, and across from Leno on multiple occasions...he's been in a different car every time, and I've been in the same truck the whole time. lol

Doesn't make me special...just makes me local. :)