• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Genre for Pov

17 posts in this topic

First off, GA fans, apologies for not being more active here. Work etc has been horrid and time spent has diminished. frown.gif

Anyway - this is for the pre-code horror fans I KNOW are ouy there - just in case you have not seen much of DC Bronze Age Horror - here is a link to some of my new purcahses in the Comics General Have A Cigar thread.

I confess to being pretty amazed at these covers - they really DO have a pre-code feel to them - MUCH more than do their Marvel counterparts.

So if you be interested take a peek here....

Pov's new horrors.

Congrats on the new books! I agree, DC did have a better "pre-code" feel than Marvel. I especially love all the books with Wrightson covers (along with Adams and Kaluta). They made me imagine what EC would look like if they had continued being published into the 1970s.

So first POV comes in here and "apologizes" (yeah right!) for ignoring the GA board. Then he tries to convert us to BA DC fans! The noive! The humanity!

POV, no posting in the GA board again until you post a couple of books to the GA HaC thread! 893naughty-thumb.gif

So first POV comes in here and "apologizes" (yeah right!) for ignoring the GA board. Then he tries to convert us to BA DC fans! The noive! The humanity!

POV, no posting in the GA board again until you post a couple of books to the GA HaC thread! 893naughty-thumb.gif

sorry.giffrown.gifsign-funnypost.gif

POV......these are great covers....I collect production art for these titles and although I am an huge Adams fan I personally think that Wrightson did the BEST BA horror covers....

Welcome to the club......now can we get back to GA stuff or what..

hey pov, you are going to love my horror comic website i am working on! I am covering pre-code to 1983, but the main focus will be 1968-1974 or so. I will be pointing out better covers, better stories, better artists, things you would never think could get past the code, etc! Its taking some time, but i guess it will be ready by June at the latest! thumbsup2.gif

Cool! I'll be looking forward to that. One thing I've just started is hunting down buried gems in the 1970s DC horror books. We all know about HoM 174-200 or so, and the latter-day Adams/Wrightson covers in HoM 251-257. But I'm a huge fan of Marshall Rogers, and recently upgraded my HoM 274 (Thanks, drbanner!) which contains a Rogers short story. At the same time, I bought HoM 277 based on Overstreet's notation that Rogers did a story there too, but guess what? I now have my first entry for the 2005 Overstreet errata list! 893frustrated.gif (No Rogers!)

There also are some really obscure early Mike Golden stories to be found in unlikely places... gossip.gif

Pov!! Welcome aboard the DC BA Horror train! Actually, I figured if you were already into pre-code all this time, that you would also be a fan of the DC bronze. I think one eventually leads to the other. Yeah, they were definately blowing Marvel off the stage in this area! blush.gif HOT RUMOR: Overstreet is reportedly going to hype up the BA horror market in the next guide... time to fill those gaps??!!

here's new genre for you Pov

pre-code funny animal horror... tongue.gif

and it's a key book too - first Carl Barks cover! Your horror comic collection will never be complete without this.

FC189.jpg