• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Service/Program for uploading collections

17 posts in this topic

You supply the scans, they host the data.

Photobucket

Not quite what I was thinking, but thanks

Why not? What were you looking for? A site that deals only in comics?

I've uploaded my slabs to the CGC registry, but Photobucket is really the way to go to archive all your pics and it is free.

You supply the scans, they host the data.

Photobucket

Not quite what I was thinking, but thanks

Why not? What were you looking for? A site that deals only in comics?

I've uploaded my slabs to the CGC registry, but Photobucket is really the way to go to archive all your pics and it is free.

Yep.

I think it is what you need.

An alternative might be Snapfish, as far as storing goes (not hosting). It is almost free, as all you have to do is place one order every 12 months. That can be as little as 19 cents, though, and the amount of storage is unlimited.

My brother is developing a online database for scanning grading etc. He almost has it done. I know he is currently using it for himself and currently has a between 2000-3000 books scanned using it for his collection. He is on the boards and may be able to provide help.

You can upload all your scans to Photobucket and access them from wherever but you will need to setup a receiving folder and label each uploaded file.

Uploading a folder of ALL scans at once sounds like a potentially massive transfer of data. This process might be limited by bandwidth and the always present potential of data corruption in large transfers.

Good luck in whatever you choose. (thumbs u

I'm thinking kind of like a place where I can upload a folder which contains ALL my scans and then I can download them from any computer.

If it is for personal use only (and not to share on forums or web) you can use one of the following Online Back Up Services

I used to have fies on Adrive (free up to 50GB). Here you could upload complete folders as you mentioned in your request. However it seems to be ofline. But the list has many other options

My isp (Comcast) provides me with a set amount of free space online for whatever I choose to do with it. I use the space to host pics for stuff I'm selling and a gallery of my SS boks and OA. It's not anything fancy but it's free. You might want to see if something like this is included by your isp, I never knew it was available to me until someone told me. Here's the link. http://home.comcast.net/~lscomics/site/?/photos/&PHPSESSID=7d51de076a7bcb2943f0d7db8d74f1e0

I'm thinking kind of like a place where I can upload a folder which contains ALL my scans and then I can download them from any computer.

My sig line may be of no use to you whatsoever. But then again it might hm

My sig line may be of no use to you whatsoever. But then again it might hm

that's perfect! Thanks!

My isp (Comcast) provides me with a set amount of free space online for whatever I choose to do with it. I use the space to host pics for stuff I'm selling and a gallery of my SS boks and OA. It's not anything fancy but it's free. You might want to see if something like this is included by your isp, I never knew it was available to me until someone told me. Here's the link. http://home.comcast.net/~lscomics/site/?/photos/&PHPSESSID=7d51de076a7bcb2943f0d7db8d74f1e0

Just checked mine, and they off the phenomenal amount of 10mb. Talk about gracious.

Just checked mine, and they off the phenomenal amount of 10mb. Talk about gracious.

I think that's what I get too. It doesn't seem like much but even with the pics I've got on there at the resolution and size I think I've only used up about 10% of my available space.

• Administrator

http://www.dropbox.com

Although the space available is limited under the free option. Still, 2gb is decent.

https://www.dropbox.com/pricing