• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic shops Destin FL

9 posts in this topic

none that I know of, and I am an hour away from destin?

there used to be a decent store in Pensacola on University, if I recall, but been 8+ years since I was there

Here you go. Not directly in Destin but fairly close. Whether or not these are still open is the question:

Comics Direct

768 John Sims Pkwy E

Niceville, FL 32578-2032

TBS Comics

550 Mary Esther Cut Off NW # 5

Fort Walton Bch, FL 32548-4066

(850) 244-5441

TBS Comics Inc: ft. Walton Beach

550-3 Mary Esther Boulevard

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547

(850) 244-5441

Here you go. Not directly in Destin but fairly close. Whether or not these are still open is the question:

Comics Direct

768 John Sims Pkwy E

Niceville, FL 32578-2032

TBS Comics

(850) 244-5441

(850) 244-5441

TBS Comics is a nice place. I went there last year while on vacation and I plan on going back next week. No GA though.

On a side note, is there any oil in the water there???

Comics Direct

768 John Sims Pkwy E

Niceville, FL 32578-2032

TBS Comics

(850) 244-5441

(850) 244-5441

Comics Direct has older comics (Bronze mostly) but most have been handled pretty well over the years and they're packed tight in wooden boxes. He also have a very small selection (about a hundred?) of over priced low-grade Silver.

TBS Comics is actually one store. He's been getting out of the back issue business steadily for a year now and all the Silver and early Bronze comics are long gone (alot in my collection). It's turning into more of a gaming store. But there are loads of late-Bronze and higher comics in dollar boxes available. You can find some real deals if you have to time to go through the boxes. The owner, Ed, and his staff are great as well. And you can get there within a half hour from Destin depending on traffic. Not too far off 98...

Jim

On a side note, is there any oil in the water there???

Nope...the beaches are still beautiful with the oil about 80 miles SW of here and not coming in this direction at this time. In fact it's moving away slowing going west.

Jim