• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black actor for Peter Parker???

255 posts in this topic

Mica asked for Moon Knight in a black costume and it happened.

They're just looking for a lawsuit from the Kane estate...

Lawsuit for what?

And which Kane?

I think this is a basic case of truth, just because you can do something, should you? Common sense and right and wrong don't mean much these days. Everyone is concentrating on breaking the rules, or accepted customs. If it's bad or wrong or different, do it. That's the mantra of movies being made today. Why do it right, when you can mess it up and create controversy(I know, money). That's what the global warming movies are about, there is no basis in proof but tons of movies have been made accepting it as fact.... Repeat a lie enough times, and stupid(or soft headed) people will accept it as fact.

Peter Parker is white, period. No discussion is required, no reason is good enough to change that fact. To do the wrong thing is wrong, there is no need to waste time justifying doing the wrong thing.

Lawsuit for what?

Come on, I thought everyone knew that Moon Knight was a total (and admitted) clone of Batman, except with a WHITE costume. Rich playboy, some mental issues/obsessions, expert with any weapon, trained in martial arts, no true super powers (retcon), wages one-man war against crime, lots of techno-toys/vehicles, tosses Crescent Moons rather than Batarangs, etc.

Now that they've officially given him a black costume, it's gone a bit too far into an almost total copy of Batman.

Lawsuit for what?

Come on, I thought everyone knew that Moon Knight was a total (and admitted) clone of Batman, except with a WHITE costume. Rich playboy, some mental issues/obsessions, expert with any weapon, trained in martial arts, no true super powers (retcon), wages one-man war against crime, lots of techno-toys/vehicles, tosses Crescent Moons rather than Batarangs, etc.

Now that they've officially given him a black costume, it's gone a bit too far into an almost total copy of Batman.

Well you can believe what you want.

Btw where was it admitted? Was it the community or the creator because even the community admits that while some similarities they are not alike in which if you really want to you could say Batman was a rip off of an other character and pretty much can do that to lots of characters.

Rich Playboy? Sorry but Marc Spector earned that money from being a mercenary and created the persona of Stephen Grant unlike Batman who inherited it. He also doesn't go around flaunting it like Batman with chicks all over his arms and buying whatever. Total different attitudes.

Mental issues are on a total different level to Batman. Batman had his parents killed in front of him that gives him his issues. Moon Knight is split personality, has a god edging him on (which could be in his head depending on what story line you look at) and has killed one of his best friends sons and his own brother. Way darker then anything Batman has had issues with.

Expert with any weapon: Yep and so are majority of super heroes.

No super powers. Well that is debatable due to the WWBN series is based off him getting biten by a werewolf that mixed with silver and gave him abilities or we can look at the secondary story where a god revives him and as the moon gets more full he gains supernatural powers of strength.

Wages one man wars agaisnt crime. Umm so do most super heroes. Isn't that the point of being a super hero lol.

Lots of super heroes have toys and gadgets in which lets look at the batorang and cresent darts. They are both related to their theme but really just a rip off of ninja stars like majority of both their hand to hand weapons just based on their theme. There are other super heroes created after these ones that employ such weapons too.

So while some similarities they are different.

Nobody at Marvel even attempted to cover what they were doing, even down to the name.

The Dark Knight donned a white costume and became Moon Knight.

I still think he's an awesome character. :applause:

Anyone else note the use of the word 'irregardless'? doh!

I did....didn't want to be the grammar Nazi though.

Elijah, exactly. Have you ever seen a blonde superman or a red headed Bruce Wayne? Just stick to the freaking comic history already!!!

I don't understand why they would even consider this, really makes no sense. It would be different if there wasn't an iconic past to reference but Peter Parker - Spiderman is pretty well known as a teenage white dude and then young white adult. Would they cast a white guy to play Shaft or Michael Jordan in a movie, hell no. IMO this just reeks of stupidity.

Well, if that happens, they can coun't on two less tickets being sold. That is the lamest idea I've ever heard. Also, if they cast a white guy to play the Black Panther.....same reaction, count on two less tickets being sold.

Anyone else note the use of the word 'irregardless'? doh!

I did....didn't want to be the grammar Nazi though.

+1

See? People think Mac Man is a nice guy... but the English teacher in me can be a :devil:

lol

I think I'd enjoy an extra beer and was just feeling goofy. :foryou: