• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black actor for Peter Parker???

255 posts in this topic

hm

black Superman

black Batman

ICON?

SPAWN?

steel.jpghm

Thanks for reminding us all of that s#!t fest. :censored:
AWWW :censored::frustrated::pullhair:

I still have nightmares from that :censored:

I actually thought it wasn't as bad as everyone else makes it out to be.

I also enjoyed Howard the Duck. But don't tell anyone. :gossip:

steel.jpghm

They remade The Creature from the Black Lagoon as a black guy? That is :screwy:

Although it appears he might make a great Thor with that hammer....., :think:

So, maybe it is time for a change of pace. Comics are pieces of fantasy, no reason there can't be a black Spider-Man if the actor can portray the characteristics of Peter Parker and Spider-Man. You are limiting your possible outcomes for a possible strong movie by saying Spider-Man isn't black.

Just my opinion...

Spider-man is NOT black. There has been 1000s and 1000s of Spider-man comics and I can say this for certain. He is not black. If they want a black superhero, make one. Don't destroy 50 years of history and continuity to ruffle some feathers. If they do it, the movie will completely flop.

You're right my mistake, I'm just stupid. I've seen comics with a black Captain America, Robin as a girl, Superman as electricity but never will there be a black Spider-Man, you are probably right.

Sorry, that was inappropriate of me. There are very few things in comics which have remained unspoiled and Spider-man himself is one of them. I am passionate about the history of the characters. Would be nice if people are Marvel cared as much as their fans do.

So, maybe it is time for a change of pace. Comics are pieces of fantasy, no reason there can't be a black Spider-Man if the actor can portray the characteristics of Peter Parker and Spider-Man. You are limiting your possible outcomes for a possible strong movie by saying Spider-Man isn't black.

Just my opinion...

Spider-man is NOT black. There has been 1000s and 1000s of Spider-man comics and I can say this for certain. He is not black. If they want a black superhero, make one. Don't destroy 50 years of history and continuity to ruffle some feathers. If they do it, the movie will completely flop.

You're right my mistake, I'm just stupid. I've seen comics with a black Captain America, Robin as a girl, Superman as electricity but never will there be a black Spider-Man, you are probably right.

Sorry, that was inappropriate of me. There are very few things in comics which have remained unspoiled and Spider-man himself is one of them. I am passionate about the history of the characters. Would be nice if people are Marvel cared as much as their fans do.

No worries Dale, I am not a Spider-Man fanatic but from what I have read Quesada has tried pretty hard to spoil Spider-Man a few times already. I was just saying it was another idea and I wasn't as quick to dismiss it.

Just my opinion...

Are you stupid? Sorry if this seems like an attack, but that is a ridiculous post. Spider-man is NOT black. There has been 1000s and 1000s of Spider-man comics and I can say this for certain. He is not black. If they want a black superhero, make one. Don't destroy 50 years of history and continuity to ruffle some feathers. If they do it, the movie will completely flop.

No worries Dale, I am not a Spider-Man fanatic but from what I have read Quesada has tried pretty hard to spoil Spider-Man a few times already. I was just saying it was another idea and I wasn't as quick to dismiss it.

Just for the record, I went back and edited my posts. Sorry about that. Usually my delete button censors my stupidity pretty well. The button must be on the fritz tonight.

doh! not a racist or anything, but this CAN'T happen !!!!!!

I agree here's a thought how about actually write the movie like the book :makepoint: since the book was so popular maybe the movie wont bomb if its actually true to the comic, instaed of switching everything around to confuse people

if Venom would have looked like a symbiote and not a bendable rubber snap back costume, they may have had a leg 2 walk on for a sequel ...... however they botched the black costume so bad they might as well reboot the series as the 3 with Toby were in my eyes crapcakes as far as having anything I wanted 2 see in them.

Pull a scorpion, mysterio in the new spiderman, make it good. Then maybe the reboot will have a leg 2 stand on as far as sequels from that point on in....

just my thoughts

I hate to say it but from everything ive read this movie is going to be HORRIBLE, and im not hating on it i love spidey, but come on its going to be a twilight movie with spiderman

if Venom would have looked like a symbiote and not a bendable rubber snap back costume, they may have had a leg 2 walk on for a sequel ...... however they botched the black costume so bad they might as well reboot the series as the 3 with Toby were in my eyes crapcakes as far as having anything I wanted 2 see in them.

Pull a scorpion, mysterio in the new spiderman, make it good. Then maybe the reboot will have a leg 2 stand on as far as sequels from that point on in....

just my thoughts

I hate to say it but from everything ive read this movie is going to be HORRIBLE, and im not hating on it i love spidey, but come on its going to be a twilight movie with spiderman

[font:Arial Black]DARN YOU TWILIGHT!!!!!!! [/font] :pullhair:

o.k. I can get used to the Black Nick Fury or even the Black Kingpin

(inwhich none of these characters were first created to be black)

but Black Spider-Man, really???

:sorry:

I still can't get used to the idea that Nick Fury will be a black man or that the Kingpin was black in the Daredevil movie. Both guys are great actors but the point is that the original characters in comics were white. To me, the original is always the best. I hate remakes of music because I remember the original and how good it was. Then they come along with remakes and they just don't sound the same. (shrug)

Well, it's the same way with characters. When they cast for these movies, I EXPECT the character to be very similar to the original character that was in the comic book. Is that too frigging much to ask for? :frustrated:

Thats like a white guy playing the part of the Black Panther. lol

Very stupid.

I think this idea is worse than 1986 New Coke...

:P

New coke was better than old coke.

Here's what I think they should do...

Aunt May

big-momma-s-house-2-1.jpg

Uncle Ben

nipsey-russell.jpg

Norman Osborn

donald-trump-bad-hair-day.jpg

J. Jonah Jameson

don_rickles_frame.jpg

Mary Jane

07_beyonce_101.jpg

Peter Parker

5-steve-urkel.jpg

Thats like a white guy playing the part of the Black Panther. lol

Very stupid.

I think this idea is worse than 1986 New Coke...

:P

New coke was better than old coke.

Here's some OT trivia. new coke is now Coke Zero. No lie.

Well, if Karate Kid can be black...why don't we just randomly change everything. Why should race be the only thing unrestricted. I say anything goes! Bizarro world! Joker is the Hero in a future Batman reboot and dons the Batman outfit. Wonder Woman is an overweight Jewish Chinese man! Let's go nuts!

Here's what I think they should do...

Aunt May

big-momma-s-house-2-1.jpg

Uncle Ben

nipsey-russell.jpg

Norman Osborn

donald-trump-bad-hair-day.jpg

J. Jonah Jameson

don_rickles_frame.jpg

Mary Jane

07_beyonce_101.jpg

Peter Parker

5-steve-urkel.jpg

The Mary Jane I'm definitely OK with. (thumbs u

Well, if Karate Kid can be black...why don't we just randomly change everything. Why should race be the only thing unrestricted. I say anything goes! Bizarro world! Joker is the Hero in a future Batman reboot and dons the Batman outfit. Wonder Woman is an overweight Jewish Chinese man! Let's go nuts!