• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Approved Seller' Status

379 posts in this topic

We should have a feedback system, where everybody can leave feedback for everybody else whenever they want, for any reason, or no reason at all...

That's the ticket!

I give this post four stars!

star_letters.gifstar_letters.gifstar_letters.gifstar_letters.gif

We should have a feedback system, where everybody can leave feedback for everybody else whenever they want, for any reason, or no reason at all...

That's the ticket!

This is one of those "ridiculisation for noobs" replies.

I don't know quite what you're saying, but if it's "you're making fun of newbs", you're wrong.

It's a cheap shot at the way eBay did things back in the late 90's, that would be understood only by those who were there. It's also a reference to the rating system these very boards used to have, until about 2006 (7?), whereby people could rate posts. Again, only understood by those who were there (hence, FD's 4 star response.)

Perhaps the problem a lot of people have is that they personalize things, without understanding what is being said, to whom, and why.

(thumbs u

Perhaps the problem a lot of people have is that they personalize things, without understanding what is being said, to whom, and why.

(thumbs u

This is how wars get started.

I'm quite literally shocked when I find out that someone has borne a very long time grudge against me for something I said many, many years ago....

...that had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with them.

It's shocking. What's more shocking is that they didn't have the balls to approach me on the issue, way back when a simple sentence would have cleared it up.

Their loss.

I'm quite literally shocked when I find out that someone has borne a very long time grudge against me for something I said many, many years ago....

It's shocking. What's more shocking is that they didn't have the balls to approach me on the issue, way back when a simple sentence would have cleared it up.

Their loss.

I get nothing for the Rankin-Bass Touche' Turtle?

That's the ticket!

I've seen feedback systems work and personally never seen one fail. I guess it all depends on who actually buys into it on the forums...

If you were around in the board heyday's of star ratings you might have a radically different opinion.

Having modeled, designed and built reputation metrics at a professional level, the 3 categories of measuring consumer sentiment (positive/negative/neutral) can be effective. But are they enough? What about eliminating "false" values with a "no-doubt" value? How do you score a comment that says: "good, accurate grading, but expensive" - is a fourth category - mixed value - enough? Is it even possible with the way some incidents start to reach their boiling point years from the time the book was originally purchased, and the tides of a once satisfied buyer turning unfavourably after receiving CGC's opinion?

Again, from a purely professional capacity, I might remark that feedback systems can serve some usefulness as a windsock to gauge reputational direction. But context is everything, and when you're basing your decision on a flat count rather than interpreting context and meaning of the feedback, you might view the "mixed" or (-) negative comment of "good grading, but expensive" in a different light when you discover that the buyer took at $30 purchase off the boards or the bay, submitted it to CGC, and got a couple of hundred or a thousand dollar return on their investment with the book achieving a 9.8 grade.

I think the term feedback is kind of vague, so I apologize for not being more clear. When I talk about a feedback system I in no way am referring to a predefined value system where you rate your experience using the choices given. The feedback systems I'm familiar with are nothing more than a thread dedicated to one user where all who have dealt with the person leave text based feedback describing the transaction they've had with the buyer/seller. There's no generic feedback count or rating or any of that garbage. It's all contextual feedback with responses such as:

"Sold more figures to Steve. As always, he paid very quicky and everything went perfect.

Thank you!"

or

"Steve sold me a ton of figures and vehicles. They were in amazing condition - finally a collector who understands what C9 and C10 really mean. I was amazed at the condition of everything. It was all very well-packed and quickly shipped with excellent communication every step of the way. I HIGHLY commend him. "

or

"Recently purchased several items from Steve. His prices were reasonable, he shipped quickly, packed the items superbly, and his communication was always timely and courteous. A model transaction by all accounts. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to do business with him in the future. Thanks again, Steve! "

That is the type of feedback I am referring to... it's very effective in my opinion. Point/value based feedback is useless to me. I want to hear what others have to say!

I hate to link to another site, but check out the way we do feedback over on rebelscum:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&page=&view=&sb=5&o=

BTW - the rating system for users on this board went away about the time I joined in 2004. Thread ratings lasted a year or two after that.

I fear we'll never learn the true identity of the "One Star Bandit". :(

Their loss.

No.

lol

Their loss.

Touche Turtle is hanna-Barbera, you dimtwit.

Their loss.

:signfunny:

Their loss.

So it is!

That's the ticket!

I don't know quite what you're saying, but if it's "you're making fun of newbs", you're wrong.

It's a cheap shot at the way eBay did things back in the late 90's, that would be understood only by those who were there. It's also a reference to the rating system these very boards used to have, until about 2006 (7?), whereby people could rate posts. Again, only understood by those who were there (hence, FD's 4 star response.)

(thumbs u

Ahh I see. Yes, the evil of computers is you can't really put emotion or obvious meaning into text...

Their loss.

Told!

That's the ticket!

(thumbs u

Ahh I see. Yes, the evil of computers is you can't really put emotion or obvious meaning into text...

Now you get it. Five Stars!

five_stars.jpg

So, how much should we charge each seller for a feedback system and who will approve said feedback? Do sellers get charged? Do we vote on feedback approval? Will feedback be one-sided or dual? Will I get what I want for Christmas? What should I have for dinner? Is there a doctor in the house? What will be the next hot modern? Is pressing restoration? Do we need to run all this by a committee and who sits on this committee if there is a committee, or is there a committee tasked with assigning committees? Is it "noob" or is it "newb" or am I confusing this with "boob"? What will be the next locked thread? Who will be next to be banned or suspended? Did JC clone the perfect ten, hence his critical opinions of hot women? Is 2012 the end? When will the comic market crash? Can I ask for PayPal help here? Is X-Force heating up?

(shrug)

So, how much should we charge each seller for a feedback system

Ten bucks.

and who will approve said feedback?

Ian Levine, RedHook, Steve_HOCP, and blackhearteddwarf (use the search function, noobs).

Do sellers get charged?

Yes, ten bucks.

Do we vote on feedback approval?

No. You'll be told if you're approved.

Will feedback be one-sided or dual?

Dual. But you can duel if you don't like it.

Will I get what I want for Christmas?

Quite possibly, if you're on Santa's "Nice" list.

What should I have for dinner?

Something healthy. Maybe a salad with some sliced chicken and a fine glass of white wine. Hell, that sounds good, I'll have that.

Is there a doctor in the house?

Well buttock is a real doctor, I think, and DrWatson comes around.

What will be the next hot modern?

One of those silly Avengers covers.

Is pressing restoration?

No

Do we need to run all this by a committee

Yes.

and who sits on this committee if there is a committee

You'll be informed by the clique.

or is there a committee tasked with assigning committees?

Yes.

Is it "noob" or is it "newb" or am I confusing this with "boob"?

Noob. And it should never be confused with "boob."

What will be the next locked thread?

I'm betting the gun control thread upstairs. RMA is getting giggedy up there.

Who will be next to be banned or suspended?

My bet's on Meade. He's a fiesty one.

Did JC clone the perfect ten, hence his critical opinions of hot women?

It must be a Canadian thing.

Is 2012 the end?

No. 3955 is.

When will the comic market crash?

March 14, 2014 at approximately 4:55 PM.

Can I ask for PayPal help here?

Yes, but you'll get flamed.

Is X-Force heating up?

God I hope so.

(shrug)

(thumbs u

So, how much should we charge each seller for a feedback system

Ten bucks.

and who will approve said feedback?

Ian Levine, RedHook, Steve_HOCP, and blackhearteddwarf (use the search function, noobs).

Do sellers get charged?

Yes, ten bucks.

Do we vote on feedback approval?

No. You'll be told if you're approved.

Will feedback be one-sided or dual?

Dual. But you can duel if you don't like it.

Will I get what I want for Christmas?

Quite possibly, if you're on Santa's "Nice" list.

What should I have for dinner?

Something healthy. Maybe a salad with some sliced chicken and a fine glass of white wine. Hell, that sounds good, I'll have that.

Is there a doctor in the house?

Well buttock is a real doctor, I think, and DrWatson comes around.

What will be the next hot modern?

One of those silly Avengers covers.

Is pressing restoration?

No

Do we need to run all this by a committee

Yes.

and who sits on this committee if there is a committee

You'll be informed by the clique.

or is there a committee tasked with assigning committees?

Yes.

Is it "noob" or is it "newb" or am I confusing this with "boob"?

Noob. And it should never be confused with "boob."

What will be the next locked thread?

I'm betting the gun control thread upstairs. RMA is getting giggedy up there.

Who will be next to be banned or suspended?

My bet's on Meade. He's a fiesty one.

Did JC clone the perfect ten, hence his critical opinions of hot women?

It must be a Canadian thing.

Is 2012 the end?

No. 3955 is.

When will the comic market crash?

March 14, 2014 at approximately 4:55 PM.

Can I ask for PayPal help here?

Yes, but you'll get flamed.

Is X-Force heating up?

God I hope so.

(shrug)

(thumbs u

My favorite post of 2010.