• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Explain this one to me..

168 posts in this topic

murphO,

You low life. You're the one that shilled me and you stupid insufficiently_thoughtful_person left your fingerprints when you left your cookie ID "too much growth" on the heritage auction site when you signed in. I want everyone on this board to know what a sicko you are. You get your kicks hanging out on this board all day and shilling people's auction.

Hey when I click on the heritage auction I see the user ID "toomuchgrowth." Does anybody else see this?

Actually I too saw Toomuchgrowth when I clicked on the link earlier today. And by gum I really am seeing darth there now. Very shoddy interface.

Phil,

For example click on this...

Sorr y phil I had to take it off since people could roam with my id. Hope you had a chance to view it smile.gif

You should see my ID "Ricky Nguyen" since it is from my "cookies." Basically I'm revealing my id... shocked.gif

So when Murph first posted the link, it said TOOmuchgrowth.

Then Darth tested it with his ID and now both links give Darthdiesel.

Perhaps someone else signed up with Heritage should put in their name and we'll see if the 3rd link changes all three on this thread.

It might be that the last person who signed in and viewed that book has their name listed. Therefore, Darth wiped out toomuchgrowth by signing in.

Okay, here's the link again, only this time I went there. I'm not a member, so I did not sign in. The spot was black when I viewed it. Is it still blank with this link for you guys?

Link deleted.

-- Joanna

Ricky, you might want to log out of heritage. Using the link you posted, I was logged in as you. Someone could tamper with your name.

No, it's not screwy at all, and this probably has nothing to do with cookies.

Everything to the right of a question mark in a web URL is input data from HTML forms used as input to customize web page output. Here's the original URL Murph included in his message:

Data following the question mark appears as field-value pairs. In the above URL, there are 3 field-value pairs separated by ampersands:

s=805

l=5696

SID=1B1D67883081410180E3DD38685FE628

If you view an auction while not logged in, the only field-value pair you see is the third one above named "SID". I'm sure this is a unique identifier assigned to each item up for sale. The first field-value pair, "s", I'm assuming is an identifier for the current auction. The field-value pair "l" I bet is a unique identifier assigned to each user. That's why we see "toomuchgrowth" on Murph's link.

This does indicate that Murph is probably "toomuchgrowth." Why would his bid be a shill? It's only a shill if he and essoilman were in cahoots somehow.

What he might want to do is to delete that link from this thread. I bet Heritage doesn't require a password if the unique username identifier is passed to their web server via a URL like the one he posted in the thread.

Wait, I'm wrong about the field-value pairs; "sid" (short for "Security IDentifier") is a unique identifier assigned to each user and "l" is a unique identifier assigned to each "l"ot up for sale.

Everybody will want to delete the "sid"s they may have posted in this thread!

Phil - my cookies on there now! I signed in to bid on that X-Men 100 to prove a point that you leave your name in the userid when transferring over links from heritage to here.

Ok, hang on a second here. Murph posted the link, and about 6 hours later Darth sees this user id in the box right? But when I click on the link (I clicked the top one first) I see Darths user id right? So couldn't this toomuchwhatever have logged in after murph and before darth checked the link? Or am I missing something here?

Phil