• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Explain this one to me..

168 posts in this topic

The evidence? All that shows is that someone could've just as easily viewed it in the 6 and half hours that it was posted from the time it was found..just as we saw that DD's name and then FF's name show up. It happened not only once, but twice..but I guess prior to that happening it could've NEVER possibly happened, right? Why don't you just back out of buying the book like you've been on here trying to find an excuse to do so since you won the thing.

Brian

That so-called "evidence" has been proven to be inaccurate. It was circumstantial at best. So, I guess you don't have any concrete evidence? If I come across as being confrontational, it is because I KNOW it is not murph.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

SMB,

It's not murpho. I wish everyone could watch me and see the magic on my computer screen while I do the "dogg" investigation. It's not murph. I know who it is. But dont want to say.

You know how hard it is for me to defend old murph but...there is no rationale for him to shill if it was correct. Is he buds with essoilman? Unlikely. Was he thrill bidding? Unlikely. So...WTF is happening here? Rickdogg should just cause some [!@#%^&^] and name his #1 suspect! mad.gif

Hi Greggy, I love you too tongue.gif

As I said in the thread regarding the original ASM 14 shilling, I have bought from essoilman before and think he's a good seller, but have no other relationship with the guy.

Brian

Yo, likewise! tongue.gif Damn, supa is starting to sound right about spideyboy. Don't bid if you dont' want to pay. Practically everyone has been shilled in some form in the past. Just part of the game! frown.gif

No need since it was not a shill bid. Maybe a thrill bid, but not a shill for sure. So no need to know who it was if it didn't effect the price in a shilling manner. Essoilman deserves his money.

Essoilman deserves his money.

That's the bottom line here. He didn't have a shill, it was someone who bid on the book. Yes, that person is obviously here on the forum. All he had to do was click on the link Murph provided originally, see something he liked, sign in and bid -- and bingo, his name would now be on the search, just like FF and Darth.

What would help a great deal, of course, is if this person would just speak up. After all, if you didn't shill, then what are you hiding? Your ebay ID? Who cares? It's got sunglasses, 'fess up, burn it and start a new one.

As for Spidermanbeyond, it really does sound like you're desperately trying to find an excuse not to buy the book. If you wanted it badly enough to bid $9,000 on it, why is it suddenly so unattractive now? What changed since you "pulled the trigger"? There were a lot of people on that other thread saying it was a good price. You knew about the date stamp and said it didn't bother you. You were the one who placed the bid. There is no evidence at all that there was a shill. Do the right thing, pay your seller, and be done with it.

Is there no honor left in the world? Toomuchgroth, fess up. Spidermanbeyond, pay your seller. Joanna, shut up.

mmphlllgbffflc...

what do we have here? i go out for a few drinks and come back to this? you are now on my blocked bidders list, so give it up and shut up. murph0 has money, hell, he is set for life, why in the hell would he bid as "toomuchgrowth?" if he did, it's not a shill to begin with. quit trying to weasel out of the whole thing. your an embaressment to asians across the board, darth diesel included.

The SID field is the one that gives out the info.If you slice that off you're straight. I've actually done this cleaning up of urls before when I listed al;l those Cage books.

s is the "sale" number and i is the "item" number.

Finally, why would I even bid on an ASM 14 when I already have a 9.2 WITHOUT a date stamp (all the while people realizing that I can't stand date stamps).
Yep I was wondering that too...the only thing I could think of is that maybe you didn't notice it because the stamp is so small.

You're right, though, this thread is pretty much meaningless. Even if you are "toomuchgrowth," there's no reason to believe you shilled anybody. The only reason I was looking into it is because:

• I've been wondering what your E-Bay account is because you and I collect the same types of ASM comics. I like to watch and chat with my competitors, err, I mean, fellow collectors. laugh.gif
  • I'm a techno-geek and was curious as to whether I could figure out how the URL got associated with those usernames. blush.gif

It's a small bug in Heritage's bidding software that they very understandably haven't caught. The SID in the URL is almost certainly dynamically associated with an ID whenever they do something on the site; perhaps bidding creates it, maybe just logging in does it. When Murph originally posted the link, it was still associated with him.

Logging in does it. Like I said above, I explored this whole thing a couple of months ago. drbanner pasted a link for the Mile High Cap 1. I then went to "my bids" and saw his name. It's all encoded in the SID string. Whenever you click on a new link with an identifying SID string, your cookie gets rewritten with the new information. This is terrible insecure.

Btw, FF..I looked at what items you're tracking..don't even think about bidding on some of those ASM books or I will be forced to track you down.. :\
Well it sounds like I better put some bear traps and land mines around the entrances to my house then. tongue.gif If you'd be coming just to kick my for winning the books you wanted, then call me ahead of time to make sure I'm there; if it's to steal them, don't bother, I don't keep my CGC books at the house tied to my telephone number. I stopped leaving them there last year after hearing and mulling over Matt Stanley/notch_top's story about his house being broken into.

If you'd like come over just to admire and slobber over my most excellent collection, then you can contact me to arrange an appointment for that too! tongue.gif