• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Explain this one to me..

168 posts in this topic

Whenever you click on a new link with an identifying SID string, your cookie gets rewritten with the new information.
I don't think that simply clicking the link overwrites their cookie that keeps track of who last logged in to Heritage's site. I kept clicking on the link when the "toomuchgrowth" and "darthdiesel" usernames were attached to the SID at the beginning of this thread, but when I closed that browser, opened a new one, and went to Heritage's site, it still thought I was fantastic-four, not toomuchgrowth or darthdiesel.

If you click a link with somebody else's SID and then do something that requires you to type your own username and/or password, then it might overwrite your cookie. I haven't tested that and have no way to do so now without creating another Heritage account.

Bah, I never should've posted one of my eBay id's..at least that's just my sell/buy ASM 80-150 account. You aren't seeing my low # one as I REALLY don't want people bidding on the books I'm buying there tongue.gif

As for you bidding on stuff on Heritage..it will just mean I have to outbid you now frown.gif

I plan on buying the ASM 45 Boston (I've lost this book 2 times, not losing it a 3rd) that's on eBay though, so I probably won't buy as many ASM's on Heritage as I'd like..but I can see myself buying a few of those later 9.6's as this is just too nice a collection to not buy any books from.

And if that guy is bidding on DC's, it's without a doubt not me. tongue.gif

Brian

I posted a Heritage auction on this board a while back, and someone noticed that it had left my Heritage username in the bidder name field. I went back and checked it after he mentioned it to me, and by that time, there was another username in the bidder name field (someone who posts on these boards). Therefore, I'm guessing that Murph posted the link, and after he did, then the shill bidder who sniped spidermanbeyonds auction bid on the comic.

I have some pretty damaging evidence which pretty much rules out who it is, but it wasn't a shill bid 100%. Essoilman deserves his money. I am going to leave it up to the bidder to reveal his ID to ease the tension on here, but there doesn't seem to be any wrong doing with the bidding, but other things associated with it is what makes it wrong IMO. Keep digging and you guys will know what I am talking about. It's truly sad.

I am going to leave it up to the bidder to reveal his ID to ease the tension on here, but there doesn't seem to be any wrong doing with the bidding, but other things associated with it is what makes it wrong IMO. Keep digging and you guys will know what I am talking about. It's truly sad.

That'll get whoever it is to open up. Tell them they're "truly sad" and "wrong" and they'll jump right up announce themselves?? confused.gif

mad_scientist_head_thinking_md_wht.gif Allvight.......I vill settle oondt matter......vonce and for all. First......vee vill hook said suspect up to oondt lie detector and ask zee question.

SUBJECTS NAME: murph0

FIRST QUESTION: Are you the bidder known as toomuchgrowth?

MURPH0: No.....I most certainly am not.

seismograph_show_tremor_md_wht.gif

Hmmmmm........veddy interesting........it is off zee charts......clearly oondt suspect is being deceptive.

Allvight.........now vee shall play zee video surveillence of murph0 undt see vhat that shows.

thug_stealing_money_safe_md_wht.gif

Ah Ha!............Just as vee suspected all along........officer take oondt individual into custody.

officer_muldoon_pushing_up_hat_md_wht.gifrobber_dont_shoot_md_wht.gif

Vell......now that oondt murph0 is vere he belongs......who vill need investigating next???

mobster_in_jail_cell_md_wht.gif

Yes....we did......I'm just trying to get everyone back on your case.......because......well........ummm........it's fun. grin.gif

This crowd is like a pack of wolves..........once they smell even the faintest hint of blood.........IT'S FEEDIN' TIME ! ! !

Pure entertainment. laugh.gif

When did facts start mattering around here? We can't base our witch hunts on facts. If we did that it would take all the fun out of it. It's you! It's you! Just accept that you're the whipping boy this week. grin.gif

Alright... I come back this morning and find 120 new posts in this thread... and after reading all of them I just can't keep silent any longer...

Toomuchgrowth is:

is

is

Joanna!

tongue.gif