• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GobbledyGook #1 (Original First Printing) With Certificate - SOLD

44 posts in this topic

This Book Has Been Sold. Thank You to all who expressed interest!

Hi Everyone. It is a pretty rare occasion when you see something of significance leave my collection. Having said that, for your consideration I would like to offer up one of my copies of Gobbledygook #1.

This isn't just any copy though. This copy was gifted to Steve Murphy by Peter Laird. Peter has signed this copy "To Smurph..." and is dated 1989. Upon acquiring this book from Steve, I asked that he draw up a certificate of authenticity for me. As these books are so easily reproduced, a Mirage certiificate is one of the only ways you can know FOR SURE that your book is legit. In selling it I am also putting my own reputation as a collector on the line, vouching for the books authenticity.

I am asking $1200 for the book. This is a firm price, and frankly, I would rather keep this unique gem in my collection than sell it for less. So please, No PMs asking to negotiate in price.

Full Photos HERE

Preference for payment is cashier's check/money order. Paypal may be used if you cover their cost (which I believe is 3% of purchase price).

Shipping is free to anywhere in the world.

100_2970.jpg

100_2971.jpg

img011.jpg

In case it isn't clear, the text over the signature on the certificate is there to prevent digital replication. It is not present on the actual document.

I'd be really surprised if the buyer flipped it anytime soon. It is an extra copy for me, And I already made a significant profit on my original purchase price. He's happy, I'm happy. Such is life :-)

Congrats to buyer and seller. Probably a once in a lifetime chance to buy such a book with provenance and assurance that it's the real deal, and an incredibly reasonable price for such a grail.

(worship)

I am so bummed out that I missed this opportunity today. I've been looking for one for awhile now.

With that said, congratulations to both buyer and seller. Glad it went to a board member.

Yep, tough book to find - congrats to both! :)

I wish I could have seen this sooner. Billy the Kidd actually texted me to let me know this book was available (Thanks Bill! (worship) ) , but as soon as I got here, it was already claimed. Big congrats to both parties! :applause: