• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GobbledyGook #1 (Original First Printing) With Certificate - SOLD

44 posts in this topic

This is actually my first board purchase and it comes as quite a shock. I had been trying to work out a deal for slinginweb's TMNT 1, but I had to sell a couple of things, move, and take care of some damage done to a ball I hit in my softball league (yeah, that sucked) before I could purchase. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get things situated quickly enough, so slinginweb (who was awesome during the whole thing) sold his book before I could purchase it.

Well, I was pretty bummed out because I know finding a copy of TMNT 1 in high grade is pretty difficult. So, yesterday during my lunch break, I decided to look at the boards and see if anything of interest was for sale. When I saw Gobbledygook 1, my jaw almost hit the floor. Then, when I saw who was selling it, I knew I could be confident in my purchase. I messaged Stephan (who has also been super awesome through this whole purchase), got the total, and that was that.

I was kind of hesitant telling everyone I purchased the book because I know I'm relatively new here, and a lot of the posters who have been here for years want this book. However, I figured there are no other people I know who would appreciate such a purchase, so I decided to share it. Once this gets into my grubby hands, I will be sure to take new pictures :). Now I just have to figure out how to store it.

Now, I still have to get my TMNT 1 upgrade, but I feel like that can wait. I'm going to enjoy this purchase for awhile.

This is actually my first board purchase and it comes as quite a shock. I had been trying to work out a deal for slinginweb's TMNT 1, but I had to sell a couple of things, move, and take care of some damage done to a ball I hit in my softball league (yeah, that sucked) before I could purchase. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get things situated quickly enough, so slinginweb (who was awesome during the whole thing) sold his book before I could purchase it.

Well, I was pretty bummed out because I know finding a copy of TMNT 1 in high grade is pretty difficult. So, yesterday during my lunch break, I decided to look at the boards and see if anything of interest was for sale. When I saw Gobbledygook 1, my jaw almost hit the floor. Then, when I saw who was selling it, I knew I could be confident in my purchase. I messaged Stephan (who has also been super awesome through this whole purchase), got the total, and that was that.

I was kind of hesitant telling everyone I purchased the book because I know I'm relatively new here, and a lot of the posters who have been here for years want this book. However, I figured there are no other people I know who would appreciate such a purchase, so I decided to share it. Once this gets into my grubby hands, I will be sure to take new pictures :). Now I just have to figure out how to store it.

Now, I still have to get my TMNT 1 upgrade, but I feel like that can wait. I'm going to enjoy this purchase for awhile.

Dude, YOU bought the book clean and clear--no need to be shy about it at ALL! If more established boardies wanted it, they had plenty of opportunity. 2c

Congrats on the pick up--definitely a rare book!

Bravo! im glad the gem when to a true fan!!

Is the ball ok? Hospital bills can be a bugger. :insane:

Haha, ball = Lexus, but I did some damage to the ball as well. I knew once I hit it I was in trouble. doh! Needless to say, that was an expensive homerun.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I enjoy coming to these boards because people are friendly and the amount of knowledge here is ridiculous.

Murphy's law.... the ball hits a Lexus, not an AMC Pacer or some such car. :cry:

Haha, ball = Lexus, but I did some damage to the ball as well. I knew once I hit it I was in trouble. doh! Needless to say, that was an expensive homerun.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I enjoy coming to these boards because people are friendly and the amount of knowledge here is ridiculous.

Murphy's law.... the ball hits a Lexus, not an AMC Pacer or some such car. :cry:

Yep, it could hit my car and I wouldn't even notice it . . . lol

Great pickup! What a way to join the board marketplace. Congrats!

You might not have to pay for damage to a vehicle parked in an area where it is reasonable to assume a batted ball could hit it. I don't know the law in your jurisdiction, but I'd find out what it says about the "assumption of the risk" doctrine and the concept of "implied waiver." Lots of states say that you assume the risk of batted balls by entering onto the premises of a ball diamond. Don't roll over for the Lexus-owner.

PS: Remember how helpful I was if you ever move that book!

You might not have to pay for damage to a vehicle parked in an area where it is reasonable to assume a batted ball could hit it. I don't know the law in your jurisdiction, but I'd find out what it says about the "assumption of the risk" doctrine and the concept of "implied waiver." Lots of states say that you assume the risk of batted balls by entering onto the premises of a ball diamond. Don't roll over for the Lexus-owner.

PS: Remember how helpful I was if you ever move that book!

Yeah, unfortunately where I live (DC) has the vaguest law possible regarding assumption of liability. Basically, it could go either way if it went to court. The whole thing has been ridiculously shady, including the guy basically saying he wanted me to write him a blank check for the damages. Unfortunately for him, I work for a Congressional agency that is filled to the brim with lawyers, so I can fight the thing if the guy comes back with a ridiculous estimate. If he comes up with damages more than his insurance deductible, then he will have a fight on his hands.

I don't see this book going anywhere, anytime soon. I feel there are certain books you just can't replace in a collection.