• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

! ! ! SHAZAM ! ! ! The Captain Marvel, Mary M., Jr. and Co. Thread
2 2

189 posts in this topic

Well, I was going to wait until I completed the run but this thread made me all giddy!

I'm missing 4 issues for my #1-22 run.

th_WhizComics24_5ow.jpg th_WhizComics35_5.jpg th_WhizComics44_5.jpg th_WhizComics56_5.jpg th_WhizComics84_0.jpg th_WhizComics94_0.jpg th_WhizComics105_0.jpg th_WhizComics114_0.jpg th_WhizComics12.jpg th_WhizComics137_0SP.jpg th_WhizComics14.jpg th_WhizComics156_0.jpg th_WhizComics167_0RecilMacon.jpg th_WhizComics174_0.jpg th_WhizComics187_5.jpg th_WhizComics197_0.jpg th_WhizComics214_5.jpg th_WhizComics227_0.jpg

Well, I was going to wait until I completed the run but this thread made me all giddy!

th_WhizComics24_5ow.jpg th_WhizComics35_5.jpg th_WhizComics44_5.jpg th_WhizComics56_5.jpg th_WhizComics84_0.jpg th_WhizComics94_0.jpg th_WhizComics105_0.jpg th_WhizComics114_0.jpg th_WhizComics12.jpg th_WhizComics137_0SP.jpg th_WhizComics14.jpg th_WhizComics156_0.jpg th_WhizComics167_0RecilMacon.jpg th_WhizComics174_0.jpg th_WhizComics187_5.jpg th_WhizComics197_0.jpg th_WhizComics214_5.jpg th_WhizComics227_0.jpg

such cool books and so under appreciated (but keeps them cheap) :applause:

There are only 4 copies of #13 in the cgc census and yours looks so nice. AWESOME!

#13 is one of my favorites. I owned the Church copy until I found out it was stolen and had to return it.

I bought this copy from Bedrock and it was CGC graded. It has some resto on it (I think a tear seal with glue...can't remember right now) but it's a really nice looking copy.

There are only 4 copies of #13 in the cgc census and yours looks so nice. AWESOME!

#13 is one of my favorites. I owned the Church copy until I found out it was stolen and had to return it.

That is a shame :cry:

I bought this copy from Bedrock and it was CGC graded. It has some resto on it (I think a tear seal with glue...can't remember right now) but it's a really nice looking copy.

Looks amazing nevertheless. I honestly wouldn´t mind a bit of glue.

that 13 was a tough one...I think I got it from Win, and then Bedrock got it from me, then it went to roy... I never found a nice unrestored copy

that 13 was a tough one...I think I got it from Win, and then Bedrock got it from me, then it went to roy... I never found a nice unrestored copy

This was my "keeper" copy until a NYC Detective called me up one day to let me know that it was stolen property. I bought it off eBay from a guy who stole it from Metro.

:cry:

WhizComics13CGC9_2Church.jpg

This was my "keeper" copy until a NYC Detective called me up one day to let me know that it was stolen property. I bought it off eBay from a guy who stole it from Metro.

That sucks. :P

:foryou:

pretty book

I onlyl have a low grade 17 and a real nice 22 (the "impossible" cover) that I paid out the nose for (someone on heritage must have really wanted it)

I onlyl have a low grade 17 and a real nice 22 (the "impossible" cover) that I paid out the nose for (someone on heritage must have really wanted it)

I don´t think that there are any higher graded copies of #22 out there, so you pretty much got the highest graded copy, with great eye appeal and an astonishing cover! To be honest, I would have gone for it and would have bid even more for that book if I didn´t already have the Crowley copy ( :cloud9:).....How about posting those 2 babies?

Really nice :applause:

The #17 is only seldom seen.....when you think about it....all the Whiz books are pretty rare...

17 was the last copy I needed to finish my 1-25 run... I looked for a year, never saw one...then, in one month, I found 3!...I sold 2, but kept 1 just as a mimento!

love 'em roy.

I like those early Whiz comics. I used to have an issue 9 but sold it to Terry. I kept the issue 8 but like the issue 9 cover better. I still don't have a cover for issue 11 but the issue 25 has a partial cover. And the 27 has a complete cover but there are a few tears. Like the Spy Smasher covers too.

4276108497_86d4d1912d_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

It´s not a comic, but there´s definitely not enough Mary Marvel in here. I just saw this drawing and thought it´d cheer this thread up a little bit. It is a modern MM mix of Cap Jr. 1, Special Edition 1 with a GA flavor.

MaryMarvel_Moy.jpg

Really nice :applause:

The #17 is only seldom seen.....when you think about it....all the Whiz books are pretty rare...

17 was the last copy I needed to finish my 1-25 run... I looked for a year, never saw one...then, in one month, I found 3!...I sold 2, but kept 1 just as a mimento!

this is one of my favorites.