• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

Now seriously, how cool would this be? :cool:

KGrHqZiIE5d556eDcBObzsJ8fww60_12.jpg

Is this to help when you say, "Call me your hot Rocketeer" right before sleep?

:ohnoez:

I would have gone with "Would you like to try on my jet pack?" but I am not here to judge.

So I don't know if any of you guys have fallen for this one or not, but I picked up this eBay auction for ALIEN WORLDS # 4 DAVE STEVENS PRODUCTION COVER 1983. There was no picture and the the description only said: "alien worlds # 4 production cover art stat from 1983. purchased directly from pacific comics publisher. dave stevens cover and art. any questions email!!!"

I figured it was worth gambling $16 on it (after shipping). I was hoping maybe I would get a large printed production stat worthy of hanging on my wall. Unfortunately, reality is that this "production stat" is nothing more than a b&w xeroxed copy on a mis-cut piece of computer paper. Bye-bye, $16!!!

It looks like this:

Dave%252520Stevens%252520Alien%252520Worlds%2525204%252520production.jpg

The seller, elmako87, has a few of these in his seller history. I wouldn't recommend buying one, unless you need a particularly pricey piece of computer paper. You can right click on that image, send it to your printer, and save yourself $16.

Edited by Saint Doyle

Man, that was low down and dirty. Did you give him the appropriate feedback?

Honestly I can't prove that this xerox wasn't purchased from the Pacific office, and it does have the target centering marks to imply that it is some sort of production stat. The description is vague enough that I don't feel like the seller actually broke any rules. I knew it was a long shot, and $16 isn't a big enough deal to raise a stink over.

However, he did charge me $6 for an item that cost $3 to ship (in an envelope that my mailman folded into my mailbox), so he got appropriate feedback where I felt I cold justifiably give it. Luckily, the "artwork" wasn't creased. And to the seller's credit, he did write "DO NOT BEND" on it. I guess my mailman can't read. But seriously, always use a condom and always ship in a box.

Edited by Saint Doyle

That's not production related, man. I'd lay odds that it was created on an inkjet printer.

It's definitely not from the production of the comic, though. His story is complete BS.

I have post production cover sheets available from every comic that has a cover image on the internet.(excluding anything drawn by rob liefeld) PM me with requests. Zip file= $7 Printed out Mail exclusive edition = $9. Alien worlds also available. I will also sign any of them that you like for an additional $3.50.