• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

I know there is at least one out there but I would have put Quack in that list too. Just don't see them in high grade for sale.

I had it on the list - no kidding. But then I checked the registry and saw some had hit the census. Plus Dice has a strong 9.6-9.8 going into CGC.

:sorry:

It's the only copy I've ever personally seen above 8.5. It's no doubt tough in high grade.

This one? Here's my copy...

6768384153_f44c4b243d_z.jpg

3-D Zone 16

Twisted Tales 1 (Eclipse, 1987)

Seduction of the Innocent Non-3D 1

Venus Domina 1

Cheval Noir 1

Those are the ones I voted for... Also, I just did a census analysis of the comics currently in the "Dave Stevens Cover Set". This might help ya'll out...

Awesome work there Josh! Paints a good picture...

th_3-dzone2nd.jpg

That is sweet! :applause:(worship)

Ray Zone emailed two of us when we inquired about any 3-D Zone 16's months ago that he had a "pile" of second prints he had been holding onto. But I doubt he meant a huge pile - I bet a handful at best.

That is truly one of the rare Stevens books.

It's under Eclipse Graphic Album Series.

Only 2, one at 9.2, one at 9.6.

Why is this one not included in the Dave Stevens Cover set?

Yeah. It's actually Eclipse Graphic Album Series #15. I just sold the 9.2 here on the boards last month and just bought a sweet raw copy from DiceX that I'll probably have graded as well. Not sure who has the 9.6.

Yeah. It's actually Eclipse Graphic Album Series #15. I just sold the 9.2 here on the boards last month and just bought a sweet raw copy from DiceX that I'll probably have graded as well. Not sure who has the 9.6.

doh!

My bad - looking at too many Stevens books this past weekend.

doh!

My bad - looking at too many Stevens books this past weekend.

Impossible! :lol:

Yes. Eclipse Graphic Album Series #15.

And it should be put into the registry set pronto. hm

Yes. Eclipse Graphic Album Series #15.

And it should be put into the registry set pronto. hm

It is one of my favorites. I posted this copy that I found somewhere earlier in this thread. It has a bit of wear at the LRC. Next time I send in a modern prescreen, it is going in, but I don't have high hopes. I do think it is dead bang 9.6.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-83.jpg

Quack #1? Just got my copy this past week.Maybe a 9.0.Good enough for me.

score002-6.jpg

I also have a Comico Attractions #6 on the way.Back when CA6 was first delivered I had about 30 copies.Would CGC grade one of these?

Interesting poll results so far.

Stevens_poll_books.jpg

Hopefully this helps others new to Stevens collecting. Quack #1 would be interesting to see the response.

We need to do a poll just for the DS Covers registry set books. Maybe this weekend...

Interesting poll results so far.

Stevens_poll_books.jpg

Hopefully this helps others new to Stevens collecting. Quack #1 would be interesting to see the response.

We need to do a poll just for the DS Covers registry set books. Maybe this weekend...

Those poll results are a bit screwy, though ... none of the Cheval Noirs are, imho, particularly hard to find in high grade, and the 2-D Seduction of the Innocent #1 with just 3 votes is so far above anything else in terms of rarity that it almost needs to be excluded from the poll entirely. It's the only book on the list where there's a fair chance a 9.8 copy will never come to market.